Posts created by mollythecat

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 23, 18 7:09 PM
lordkalvan wrote:Grrrr... that has to be driving you nuts. In my experience the GD tech support people usually add a thousand coins or so to my account when I report a bug.

Well that would be nice. I traded resources for green gems and I am working on the marathon, but I don't know if I will finish it and have time to play the unlimited play so I am annoyed at the delay. Thanks for your reply.
Mollythecat

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 23, 18 6:05 PM
lordkalvan wrote:Molly, check the start of the ten level stretch, and see if there is a person standing nearby. If so, tap the person. Sometimes the automatic rewarding fails and you have to trigger it manually.

Thanks for the tip, but the I did that when I finished the last leg and she disappeared but no reward appeared. Very annoying.
Mollythecat

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 23, 18 6:26 AM
Hi guys
I was playing a little over morning coffee and finished a task that should have given me a reward (6 gems for collecting 10 tanks). But nothing appeared. Very annoying as I happen to be short on those and need them to finish a monument before the marathon finishes today. I wrote the technical help board. What are my chances they will fix this?
Molly the cat in Edmonton. the snow is doing some serious melting here!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 17, 18 7:25 AM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Theres another sale on boosts again for coins. For anyone interested, have worked out the savings for each of the 3 deals. Boost pack saves only 54 coins. (worth 504, cost 450). Mega boost pack saves 179 coins (worth 1139, cost 960). Ultra boost pack saves 809 coins (worth 3409, cost 2600). All general good boosts that are really handy. Just letting you know, thats all.

Thanks for the info. I don't use many of those boosts, mostly shovels and occasionally the lightning bolts. I don't use the kites or the shuffles or the bomb/diamonds. Am I missing something? Is there a specific situation that people would suggest using those?
Molly the cat in edmonton alberta

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 15, 18 6:08 PM
Thanks for your help Lord. Maybe this will help someone else.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 15, 18 4:57 PM
mollythecat wrote:
lordkalvan wrote:Next thing I'd check is amount of free space and memory. If the iPhone has less of one of those than the iPad, it might be the issue. Hmmmm... or if some other app is running on the iPhone. Have you tried playing in airplane mode most of the time to see if that helps?

Thanks playing in "airplane mode" seems to work. I tried turning off wi-fi and played on cellular and it crashed. I have 80% of my phone memory free.

So to recap, my game started crashing on my iphone on Saturday night. Still happening the next day and losing a life every time it crashed. Memory on the phone only 20% full. Only made it through a level once. Tried switching Wi-fi networks and tried playing on cellular only, still crashed. So I switched to airplane mode and it played fine.
After a few hours I switched back to my usual wi-fi network and even though the wi-fi usage in the home increased due to family members, it plays fine now, no more crashing. Interesting events.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 12:08 PM
glitter2goldfish wrote:Hey mollythecat,

We share the same city, beautiful Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I agree it has been a cold and nasty one so far this year. Not a lot of snow yet but I am sure that will come as well. One thing about Alberta is you only need to count to ten and the weather can change dramatically. I can live with the cold though not like our neighbors in the U.S. where they deal with fires and flooding, hurricaines and tsunamis. It is heartbreaking and scary for them depending on which part of the U.S. they live in. When disaster strikes I keep the people affected in my mind and my heart and try my best to support them financially if I am able.

Best regards
Glitter

Hi Glitter, yes the nastiest winter weather in a long time. But no flooding or mudslides. Something to be grateful for.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 11:08 AM
I also closed all the apps and it still crashed. Only mail was running. That is the same as always.
Thanks for your help

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 11:07 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Next thing I'd check is amount of free space and memory. If the iPhone has less of one of those than the iPad, it might be the issue. Hmmmm... or if some other app is running on the iPhone. Have you tried playing in airplane mode most of the time to see if that helps?

Thanks playing in "airplane mode" seems to work. I tried turning off wi-fi and played on cellular and it crashed. I have 80% of my phone memory free.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 10:01 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Check your iPhone to make sure it is using the same wifi as your iPad. If for some reason it is on cellular or some other wifi, that would explain the drops.

Thanks. I checked on that and they are both on the same wi-fi, mine, dedicated to the first floor. It is still crashing.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 8:50 AM
Hi folks from overcast Edmonton Alberta. We had a bit if a "chinook" in the weather yesterday. Shot up from frigid -23 celius to 0 in 6 hours. Thats like -10 fahrenheit to
+32F. Not much wind with that though. Still plugging the car in though.
I am having a new problem with gummy drop on my iPhone. It keeps crashing and I lose the life. Only one or two levels out of 10 or 15 completed. On my other game on my iPad, it plays fine and I can stream videos so I do not think it is my internet. Should I delete and reinstall the game on my iPhone? I am linked to facebook so will my game be saved?
I read the other chat threads about this but no one seemed to say it actually worked.
Anything else I should try first?
Molly the cat

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 4, 17 5:40 AM
On my iphone, the marathon is in my current city, Paris.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 21, 17 6:14 PM
I also got a notice of an upgrade on my iphone with an ad for a coming winter event. So I down loaded it. 5 minutes later I put my phone down in the middle of a puzzle for a few minutes. When I cam back there was a notice that said "Stuck? use shuffle to get a new board" I ignored to resume my game and as soon as I touched the board, it shuffled!!! My last one. I have never seen that before. The hint had automatically selected the boost. Not fair!
Is that new with the latest upgrade?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 21, 17 6:31 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Molly: Do you know the old saying "Dogs have masters, cats have staff"?

My cat Snowflake once brought me three shovels. But, he is so worth it.

Smart cat! Shovels are the best!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 20, 17 9:43 PM
kailuaauntie wrote:My kitties also want all the attention and we have had some interesting moments when my game was screwed by a paw or two in the middle of the board.?

yes, a cat and her servant live here. Sometimes the servant sneaks away and plays this game while the master naps.

By the way, I used to get free wheel spins or extra lives if I watched an ad for other games. Does all that stop when you sign up for facebook or did it disappear with an upgrade? I liked the free wheel spins.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 20, 17 5:34 PM

And, mollythecat, my three cats say "hello" (also "please feed me").

Molly is the cat and she doesn't like it when I focus on an electronic device. She knocks out the power code if it is charging, while playing. She says feed me all the time, haha.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 18, 17 8:36 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:Welcome Mollythecat the folk on this thread will always be glad to help if you get stuck and sometimes we have a bit of fun as well!

Thanks Trav3lbird

posted in Gummy Drop! on Nov 18, 17 6:59 PM
Hi
I started playing this game in June and found this forum only about 4 weeks ago. I have reading through and catching up; I am up to the Sept posts and only 20 pages more to go out of 75. So I thought I would come out from lurking and say hi from sunny but cold Alberta Canada.
Yesterday I came upon a section of the chat about the daily challenges and I haven't been doing those so I thought I would give it a try today. I just finished all the monuments in New York yesterday and moved back to SF today where I am just starting level 15. Got a 5 letter word in SF and got the first 4, no problem. Tried the 5th one about 10 times, waited through 6 spins of the wheel and wasted 2 shovels before I finally got it with no boosts...and won 2 shovels.
Anyway, I learned from the chat that Sunday daily challenges usually give coins so I will try that tomorrow. Cheers.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 30, 17 9:10 PM
The resources produced currently in the incomplete resource centres are more than adequate, considering I can only ship them out slowly; I cannot buy gems. Since the upgrade in September, it will now cost me about 2700 coins to complete. The reward you describe, over a 1000 coins and 16 boosts, might not be worth it. I might be better off using the coins to buy the boosts I want for New York and San Francisco. Thank you for the information, It is good to know what the reward is. Sounds like it is a break even situation.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 29, 17 6:23 PM
thanks! good to know.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator