Posts created by merediffy

Right now I'm playing Briar Rose but I'm finding it kinda annoying that there's no map available (or at least I haven't found one) so I know where I am and where I need to be to inspect the FROG scenes. Do any of the other Dark Parable games have a map?

No, you're not the only one who's frustrated. I played the main game and the further along I got in the game the slower it got. I'm now trying to play the bonus game but it froze not very far into it, and I had to get out. The developers really need to fix this. It's really frustrating.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 16 8:21 AM
Like many others, the game crashed on me as well. I played part of it yesterday but I can't play anymore because I keep getting an error code when I do try to continue playing. This is the second game I can't play because I can't continue playing the game after exiting. I enjoyed what I was able to play, and I've already bought it based on that. Since I can't play anymore it seems pretty ridiculous to spend my money on it, even if it was on sale yesterday.

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Dec 3, 14 1:26 PM
The SG says to collect the drill bit with the crowbar. I've already got and used the crowbar, but no drill bit. Where is it? I can't go any further without it.

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 14 3:15 PM
I also played the entire game again. You have to be ON THE ROOF before you can open the box with the glass cutter. It does not work in any other room.

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 14 5:06 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've done everything I can to figure it out and I'm stuck. Hopefully there will be an update so I can finish the bonus game or maybe I'll just go back and play the whole thing again and see if it works then.

posted in Big City Adventure: Paris on Dec 28, 12 7:27 AM
I love this series. I have them all and have played them all more than once. This one is particularly fun for me because I've been to Paris several times. I only wish they'd have used several more places to see because there are many more.

It's a straight HOG game, so if you want an adventure game, this isn't the one for you. I prefer HOG games over all the others. The adventure games aren't fun for me.

I'd love to see one for Florida or New England.

posted in Cave Quest on Nov 19, 12 6:40 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game! I played it to the end yesterday and I was playing all day. I just couldn't help myself. It's so addicting!

Now that I've played it, I'm spoiled and can't find another M3 game I want. All the rest seem ridiculous. This one is the cream of the crop.

posted in Cave Quest on Nov 18, 12 8:39 PM
What the heck am I supposed to do with it? The dialogue says it will start moving once I'm in the right spot, but where's the right spot?

posted in Big City Adventure: London Story on Sep 19, 12 3:24 PM
I downloaded this game using a credit without demoing it simply because it was a BCA game. Now I wish I hadn't. I didn't realize it was a "go here, do this, find that" kind of game.

This is the most frustrating game I've ever playedI didn't have trouble finding the objects so much as trying to figure out what I was doing and where I was going. I had to use two walkthroughs, one from the game itself, and one from another site, and I still couldn't figure out what I was doing.

I tried playing it 4 times and just couldn't get anywhere with it. Enough is enough for me. I uninstalled it for now. I might try it again at a later date.

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on Nov 30, 11 7:13 AM
I know where everything is, but I can't click on it fast enough to get it! Grrrr!

posted in Neptune's Secret on Nov 24, 11 8:06 AM
I played the demo. I'm not impressed at all. The scenes were gray and I found it really difficult to find the items because of it. Some of didn't look like what the sillouette showed. I ended up using bunches of hints to find them. Very frustrating.

posted in Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on Nov 10, 11 11:08 AM
I found this game quite irritating and frustrating. The plot is interesting and different, but it's an IHOG, which I don't especially care for in the first place, but I have played them successfully.

The graphics are great. Everything was pretty much easy to find, but some items in the HOG scenes were pretty well hidden. The hint system recharges pretty quickly if you need it. I did, however, find the walthrough rather frustrating and lacking in some ways. First of all, the screen shots weren't always clear. I ended up going to another site to get one that helped me more.

The game has a lot of back and forth. Go here, there, and everywhere to find one thing. At one point it was go to the basement and 2nd floor something like 4 times just to get what you needed to do something. I skipped most of the puzzles because I have a hard time with analytical puzzles like that. I guess I should have bought a straight HOG game. I probably would have been happier.

posted in Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast on Oct 29, 11 4:28 PM
It's the puzzle with the colored stones. That's the clue I needed to find it. Thanks!

posted in Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast on Oct 29, 11 11:33 AM
Where is the poster that you're supposed to have in your journal (I'm using the walkthrough on another site) to get the solution to the puzzle? It's supposed to be in the tavern, but I can't find it.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 14, 11 9:05 AM
I just finished the demo and I think I'll end up buying it, just not now.

The graphics are very good. Everything is clear, the objects not difficult to find at all. I used the walthrough, but I could probably have done it myself, it just would have been trial and error and I don't like to do that with a demo. When I buy, I'll change my profile and play it without the WT.

Really cool plot, very different from all the other HOG's I've played.

Overall, it's quite an enjoyable game. I'll give it an A.

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Oct 13, 11 9:34 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I bought it quite a while ago and only played it once, but I downloaded it again and played it again yesterday. It's a really nice game, quite different from the usual plots of finding people and capturing a villain.

The puzzles aren't too difficult either, that is, they're not the analytical puzzles that I usually see. I could work them without a problem, and I often have to skip puzzles in other games. I really loved the "fill-in-the-blank" puzzles at the end of the game.

Since there's a sequel to it, I'll be buying it as well. Hope there are more in the series too.

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Sep 4, 11 6:01 PM
I really enjoyed the first one, so I knew this one would be fun also. So much different than the usual HOG. I'll play both of them over and over again.

posted in Insider Tales: Stolen Venus on Sep 3, 11 10:22 AM
I like the game, but the items were VERY well hidden. Hidden enough I couldn't find them without using a bunch of hints. Also, some items are so small I'd have to have perfect eyesight (which I don't) to be able to see them, and even when I used a hint, I still had problems seeing what I was looking for.

It's not a buy for me.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Aug 26, 11 11:11 AM
After playing the first three HE games, I thought this one would be the same. Instead I got an adventure HOG with hardly any **** scenes. It was all "go here, do this" kind of a game.

The puzzles were difficult for me. I don't think analytically, and I had a hard time getting through them. The lack of a "skip puzzle" button also bothered me because when I got to one of those puzzles, I had to figure it out or quit, which I did.

I had to use the walkthrough because otherwise I'd have had no idea what to do, but it didn't really include what I needed to know. I'm afraid I spend $6.99 on it and Uncharted Waters for something I don't like.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator