Posts created by DutchJames

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case Collector's Edition on Aug 14, 15 3:22 AM
You are supposed to place the item labelled as "train station logo". Not sure if that is the same as the locomotive logo you mentioned.

posted in Final Cut: Fame Fatale Collector's Edition on Aug 9, 15 10:52 AM
Stuck here too, I did smash the parrot, but now there is nothing left for the fish balloon. The hint just says to move along. It is maddening not to be able to continue. Hope there will be a fix soon.

posted in Delicious: Emily's True Love on Jul 31, 15 11:40 AM
A Fresh Start is Day 7 of Fresco's Diner. There is no egg dish in that diner. Or did you maybe mean the ice cream in the bottom right corner? First click on the right juice (strawberries or orange) and click on it again when it reaches the green zone to collect it. Then click the icecream.

posted in Delicious: Emily's True Love on Jul 31, 15 11:34 AM
It will appear just outside the door of the restaurant, near the green advertising sign.

posted in Delicious: Emily's True Love on Jul 31, 15 10:48 AM
It can be found just between the table in the top right corner and the little blue table just left of it (which has caviar on it in later levels, the other blue table on the left has oysters).

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case Collector's Edition on Jul 31, 15 10:20 AM
Had been looking forward to playing this game, but can't complete the download. It keeps giving error code 6. An error code not even added to your list of error codes. Not any of the games can be downloaded. Major disappointment.

posted in Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 on Dec 8, 13 6:13 AM
You should be able to get to level 1 with the first few tasks. Is there no other task left that you can do in the upper left corner?

posted in Shop-n-Spree: Shopping Paradise on Aug 21, 12 2:33 AM
Look forward to trying this new installment later today. I liked both the other two. This one looks slightly different from the screenshots, but maybe that is just an impression.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Aug 17, 12 2:41 AM
sinfulcashew5 wrote:how exactly did you feed ace? i can't seem to do it right! bob and clyde are fed, but can't feed ace correctly! help!

He needs 1 scoop of oats (left bin), 1 scoop of corn (middle bin) and 2 scoops of mixed pellets (second bin, between the other two).

posted in Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee on Aug 3, 12 6:25 AM
Persistent_Cat wrote:Agreed.

I have no interest in social gaming and am sad to see TM games going in that direction.

Or worse, release a TM game the way the new Emily game is being released by that other company.

Agreed, social gaming is something that a lot of people will be interested in, but to me that doesn't mean developers should turn their back on loyal PC players (like the developer of the Diner Dash series did).

I also agree on the serial format for the new Emily game. I hate having to wait for another Friday to be able to play two more levels and a bonus level. I wish they would just release the full game and offer players a chance on how they want to play it. Not sure the entire is actually finished either, since they have recently started a fourth beta.

Map
 posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger on Aug 2, 12 1:17 AM
The map is given to you by Cassidy at the start of Chapter 2 (look at that chapter in the walkthrough, it is mentioned in the third line). It is right after you have talked to Mr. Bleski the first time and he sends you back to reception to "unfold towels". Cassidy will give you the note and hands over the map.

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger on Aug 1, 12 12:10 PM
Euskalduna wrote:The first Nancy Drew Dossier game has a timed scene (remember the crows?) and I was never able to finish the game. Is there a timed scene in today's game? Because if there is, no buy for me.

There are various bomb defusing mini games throughout the games, that are timed. They get harder as you go along.

There is also the challenge of manning the phones. If you lose too many calls, you will have to start it again. It is very frantic to a lot of people.

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger on Aug 1, 12 12:07 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Unfortunately it's also the final game in the series, since Personal Pronoun Interactive canceled it.
In the middle of developing the third, I gather.

The game developer has shelved the project and has no immediate plans to work on the third game in the series. All hope may not be entirely lost, but it does not look good.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 27, 12 3:18 AM
If you are on Junior Mode you can always look at the checklist to see if there is anything still left to do. From what you describe you did most of the things that are needed for day two. Did you already make the birthday cake for Tex? It is needed to complete day two.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 19, 12 7:38 AM
One of the classic Nancy Drew games. It has been out for some years, but is still very playable. There is lots to explore with the main story being the phantom horse that showed up at Shadow Ranch. Nancy's first priority is to discover who is behind the appearance of the mysterious horse and the reason that strange things occur every time the horse appears. Could someone have a reason to chase the owners of the ranch, Ed an Bet Rawley, off their land? In the course of the game you can learn a lot about life at a ranch in Arizona, discover a love story from the past between the daughter of a sheriff Frances Humber and the outlaw Dirk Valentine, find out what happened between the sheriff Meryl Humber and his daughter Frances, follow a treasure hunt set out by Dirk Valentine for his beloved Frances and visit some of the places they visited (like the ghost town Dry Creek and Cougar Bend, where petroglyphs can be found), discover what is going on between wrangler Tex and shop owner Mary and find out why Mary wants a piece of land owned by the Rawleys. You will have to do several chores, like collecting vegetables and eggs, building a campfire, learning to do barrel races and using a lariat, in addition to snooping around for clues. Some of the chores can be somewhat repetitive, but the overall game holds up very well. The main characters are very different. There is the shy, but sweet ranch hand Dave Gregory, the somewhat gruff wrangler Tex Britten, the talkative cook Shorty Thurmond and the friendly shop owner Mary Yazzie. A game that can certainly be recommended, also as a starting point if you want to try the Nancy Drew series for the first time. You can play in Junior and Senior mode, with the Junior mode having easier puzzles and a task list you can check off.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 18, 12 4:09 AM
It was always a bit of a mystery (maybe Nancy could solve that one too) why this was the only game in the series (other than the original Secrets Can Kill and Stay Tuned for Danger, because they are too old) not to be available here. I always have liked the Nancy Drew series, so I am glad the gap has been filled and Secrets of Shadow Ranch is available again here. Not sure if it should have been a TGT, maybe a soft release would have been better, seeing as many people look to that section for a new game. Maybe this release is a lead up to one of the newer titles coming out (Captive's Curse and Alibi in Ashes are yet to come up on the site). Of course the series is always ahead of Big Fish, with the release of Tomb of the Lost Queen being highly anticipated for May 8th this year.

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Feb 29, 12 1:53 AM
It is unlikely a fourth one will come out anytime soon, if at all. The developer does no longer focus on PC games.

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Aug 21, 11 8:09 AM
Did you get all seven pictures from Yumi and put them in the right order? Nancy will mention having to talk to Yumi about them, when you do.

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Aug 20, 11 11:36 PM
Did you solve one of each type of puzzle that Rentaro has given you? So one of the nonograms, one of the sudoku and one of the renograms.

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Aug 20, 11 11:34 PM
Which means, that they are not correctly placed. Nancy will comment when she puts the pictures in the right order.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator