Posts created by charmedchick

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition on Jun 4, 11 2:05 PM
Argh! I get the same problem whenever I try to play a puzzle, the screen often goes black or disappears - there is virtually no way to play the puzzle except to skip it which is beyond ridiculous.

I've been getting weird glitches, the lightning flashes go pixelly or huge words appear momentarily on the screen.

It's obviously not compatible with Macs, there are far too many corrupted issues going on.

Thank god this is just the Demo version, there is no way I'm buying this game since it's worthless.

FYI, the Reference Book doesn't work either, when I click on it, it simply vanishes...

posted in Puff Deluxe on Sep 16, 10 8:05 AM
On a whim, I decided to try this game for fun, boy was I disappointed. There were several issues right away, namely it was hard to find the right button to begin the game (it's featured as a present).

Then once I finished a level and solved the puzzle, it took me a moment to figure out that I had to click on the home button to start another level (it takes you back to the menu instead of continuing on...).

The graphics are lovely and cute but it's not worth my time trying to work around the issues, it's a royal pain in the ****. It would've helped to have titles beneath each image for clarification. Sorry!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 10 1:01 PM
Very disappointed that I could not get this game - you need OS 10.5 or higher.

I loved the first edition of Drawn and was looking forward to getting the next one.

BIG SIGH...

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 10 7:42 AM
Gah! Can't get this one - you need OS 10.5!!!

Aw nuts! I really wanted to get this one!

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Jun 20, 10 8:24 PM
I agree that there are too many glitches with the Mac version - it's horrible! Do not buy this game, it's not worth it!

Once in awhile the entire game would be upside down and backwards. I don't get the impression that it's deliberate (even though the game is bizarre), it seems to be more of a major bug. I can't do anything about it but wait until it resolves itself. It will flip back to the normal mode after a few minutes.

I had the same problem regarding the footprints getting in the way of the cursor. It made it a pain in the tushy to find the required items since I kept going back and forth between scenes - arghh!

I hated, hated dealing with the Rachael issue, who the heck is that!? Even after I deleted that name and added a new nickname, it still showed up!

I'm also a big fan of Drawn and had expected this one to be similiar in many aspects, especially the beautiful art and unique storyline. It did have wonderful artwork and graphics but that it did not make up for the numerous issues that kept cropping up! You simply cannot compare Drawn with Alice, they are distinctly different.

For the most part, I found it to be a tiresome and irritating game.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Feb 6, 10 10:22 AM
Recently purchased Drawn, loved it, the artwork was stunning and hauntingly beautiful. I enjoyed playing it but I finished it in a day. Kinda disappointed in terms of the length of game play, expected it to last much longer...

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Nov 19, 08 7:56 AM
I was leery about downloading the demo for the newest release of Azada Ancient Magic for Macs since it takes an average of 10 hours to download large game files (I'm on dial up...sigh...). I had played the original Azada which I found insanely boring, repetitive and far too easy. It drove me nuts to keep doing some of the same tasks over and over throughout the game.

I took the plunge and downloaded the new game (demo) and was pleasantly surprised to discover how different it was from the original Azada. I loved the overall graphics, they were stunning! The concept of going through Fairy Tale books and actually being able to flip the pages was very cool - bravo! (In some ways, it kinda reminded me of Myst.)

At the moment, I'm waiting to get enough money to pay for the entire game... cheers!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator