Posts created by shripch

Ditto, ditto, and ditto again. I got so excited this morning when I saw what I thought was a good old fashioned mystery game with me as a detective. Sooooooo over supernatural creepy games! Please, Big Fish, give us what so many of us are craving!
Just a balance is all we're asking!

I am so tired of the dark dark dark turn of many of the games being offered lately. I will be patient and wait till something with glorious graphics and beautiful scenery comes along. Enough of and , how about some and Have a great New Year!

Yep worked. Good thing we have the forums!

Still works as of 9:12 AM in Ca.

posted in Occultus: Mediterranean Cabal on Aug 1, 16 11:27 AM
kandinsky wrote:This game will not please every player but I find it very wonderful and very different. We all complain of the sameness and cookie-cutter quality of games, well here is one that is indeed different.
It is set in Palermo by a studio based in Palermo and the scenes are authentic and uncompromisingly Italian. The hidden objects pose a different kind of challenge than we are used to, they are often small, you may need to use the good hint system rather often as I have but somehow given the different nature of the objects and placements with still a pleasure in finding the ones that I do find.
The viewpoint character is drawn into the mystery of the fate of his (pleasing for a change to play a male role) grandfather. The story is in the occult but somehow ,whether because of the setting or the way it is developed, I do not feel that numbing certainty about what comes next that I do with so many games.
Having shared this to encourage you to join me in this game, I will go back to the door at the end of a secret corridor where I will press on with an unexpected pleasure in gameplay such as I remember from when I first began to play these games.
I think of another Italian made game I loved and reviewed on sale page; Black Viper Sophia's Fate which however is even more challenging to players so check it out and yet dont hesitate if drawn to it.
But this one , Mediterranian Cabal, should find many, not all, players who would enjoy it.
anyway these thoughts...

Cool Two reviewers in two days who go against the flow. Thank you for your great review and I agree! This game is a buy for me and I'm so glad BFG has started offering SE's occasionally instead of a steady diet of CE's which can't be purchased with a credit. And we do need to be challenged once in a while . Something different is okay with me!

posted in Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come Collector's Edition on Jul 31, 16 11:06 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Interesting reviews and as usual I don't agree with any of them. I liked this demo; perhaps not enough to spend money on the CE but I will definitely get the SE and may still shell out for the CE if I can find a second one to take advantage of the sale.

The graphics are lovely, with muted colours. There is very much a 'fairy tale' feel about the whole thing, which if you don't like, you should give this game a miss. Personally I found it relaxing and completely stress-free to play; nothing to tax the brain too much, just a gentle wander through a magical world. I did get a bit lost as far as the story went but I don't usually bother too much with that side of games anyway. The HOS are mostly list type but some are done quite differently. The puzzles were fairly easy; nothing too clever for it's own good. I never use the hint button if I get stuck; the map shows were there are things to be done so I use that to jump to wherever I need to go. It also shows if you've found all the collectibles and morphing objects; a little gold star stays dark until you find everything. The 4 modes of play include custom. No idea about the extras; I forgot to look.

The ferret is a bit silly; I must agree with that. I remember playing a game where someone's mother was turned into a ferret; perhaps it was in this series. As far as helpers go, this one is pretty awful; dressing up and silly tricks just add fuel to the argument for getting rid of helpers altogether. Used too often, it spoiled what was for me a really nice way to spend 90 minutes (the full trial time) on a Saturday afternoon. The time passed slowly; I felt as though I'd been playing for hours. I don't know what that says about this game but I thoroughly enjoyed the demo

In complete agreement except for the ferret. I actually like the silly little critter

posted in Grim Legends 3: The Dark City Collector's Edition on Jul 16, 16 9:15 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Forgotten Places: Regained Castle on Jul 5, 16 10:59 AM
M_LADY wrote:I am obviously in the minority, but I quite enjoyed this game. Yes, the mechanics are old fashioned compared to the glitz and glamor we are accustomed to in more recent games. But I liked the graphics and story. A possibly haunted castle, a mysterious family relic, and in the entire free trial there was no missing zipper pull to find! However, I don't think I could get into a car much less drive one in the dress that Jane is wearing!

A map is received not long into the game and is marked with areas with actions available. And it transports.

The hint transports, which I have to admit I used several times.

There are collectible butterflies in each scene, most of which are not difficult to find.

There is an "extras" section, but it is not available until the game is completed so I can't say what it contains.

There are no voices. Everything must be read. I can't say that this was a disappointment to me because in some games the voices are not that good. And it can be clicked through if you want.

There are also elements of humor which can only be found by clicking around in the various scenes.

I would recommend trying this game. You might like it.

Thank you so much for stating this so eloquently I love your reviews and you are spot on again

posted in Haunted Legends: The Iron Mask Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 16 3:37 PM
RainbowElf wrote: Yet again a game that involves holding down the mouse button while traversing a wiggly line, any touching of the sides means you have to go back to the beginning.

Why won't devs listen, there are those of us which disabilities that find these puzzles impossible to do, just taking away the mouse button having to be pressed down would be a start.

While I don't have a disability that prevents me from nailing those kinds of "puzzles", I find them annoying because my touch mouse just doesn't do them well. I skip them 100% of the time! And frankly they're just a lazy way to put in a "puzzle"! Skip the things and don't feel bad

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 4 on May 15, 16 7:36 PM
CAMELIACULPEPPER wrote:OK I found it. It's in the cockpit. I had to use the mega hint. I never would have found that.
Thank you thank you!!!!

This is a great game and I'm so glad they fixed it!

posted in Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc on Mar 8, 16 9:48 AM
Oh my What a great surprise! A sequel to one of the cheeriest, happiest PC games I ever played. And with a coupon? Instant buy on a bright, sunny day in sunny Southern California. Only played a few minutes of the demo, just to make sure it was as good as the first and it is. Read 9otters review. It's spot on!

posted in Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 16 9:15 AM
Penny1942 wrote:Well, as usual I'm going to swim upstream here. After a stress filled week, I don't need a game that I have to tear my hair out to get through or use up what few gray matter cells I have left to figure out what to do next.

The graphics are great, music good, story is a classic who done it, and, thank you very much, I haven't seen any little helper I have to feed or dress, easy mobility from spot to spot, etc.

I just going to go relax and enjoy the game. Good job on your hard work, or at least so far, Blam.

Thank you! I will swim upstream with you, and what you wrote is perfect. Add the wonderful rainy day atmosphere and this game is spot on for me. It's going to rain in Southern California finally getting El Nino here!
And not to slam the "bored" people, but hey, there are some amazingly difficult pure Adventure games out there that will get those brains whirring, if that's what you want. I do sometimes, and other times I want to relax. So please do as we should all do, try the trial time before making up your minds.

I'm with 9otters(do you actually have 9 otters?! Cool name). This game is a definite buy for me. Lots of puzzles, which I am learning to look forward to enjoying. At one time in my gaming experience I saw them as a road block to get on with the story. Now I take my time and work at them until I get it! And though the story has been seen before, it's okay. A new new story is hard to write, so let's give the developers some leeway on that. I'm not looking for Shakespeare here! It's the puzzles, collectibles, graphics, fantastic worlds to visit, and a variety of HOS that catch my attention. And after just a few minutes of trial, I know this game is going to satisfy!

posted in Christmas Wonderland 6 on Dec 8, 15 9:35 AM
Hespera wrote:These games have become an annual tradition for me and my daughter. As she gets older she gets better at finding the objects and working the puzzles. This year, my 3 year old son has joined us in the fun (good thing I have a very large monitor!).

The graphics are always so beautiful and the story lines are so quaint and family oriented.

It's a simple and lovely seasonal game that a family can enjoy.

Thank you Casual Arts for keeping with a tradition we treasure.

That says it all. Thank you Hespera!!!!! And a big SHOUT OUT to els11011 from another "old" fishie We just put our glasses on

posted in European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition on Nov 15, 15 2:11 PM
tralalalalere wrote:yes where is the pin?

The pin is inside the safe, on the bottom of a sheet of paper. Once you use it, you get the oil for the wagon wheel. I am not having any trouble in this game. Everything seems so straight forward..It's a typical HOG, find this, use it, etc. And I'm really enjoying the game too.

KatranMoiety1 wrote:Gwenofala : THANK YOU !!!!!

Yep!!!! Agree so much

posted in Nevertales: Legends Collector's Edition on Oct 4, 15 8:25 AM
cbwiest wrote:I don't think you have to go back to the shipwreck. I tried also. Decided to go back to Hall of Winter and tree man talked to me and gave me a bracelet to revive the forest (I was then in the Hall of Spring). After reviving the forest I went back and he sent me on to the Lake Shore. I'm now back in the game.

Thank you so much! I was considering doing all that business of reloading the game ........then I remembered! The forums! And yep, you did the trick

posted in Nevertales: Legends Collector's Edition on Oct 4, 15 8:25 AM
cbwiest wrote:I don't think you have to go back to the shipwreck. I tried also. Decided to go back to Hall of Winter and tree man talked to me and gave me a bracelet to revive the forest (I was then in the Hall of Spring). After reviving the forest I went back and he sent me on to the Lake Shore. I'm now back in the game.

Thank you so much! I was considering doing all that business of reloading the game ........then I remembered! The forums! And yep, you did the trick

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Aug 23, 15 3:46 PM
I attempted the demo, but right now (August 2015) this game is full of the ravages of fire! I live in California and have family in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. At this time we are facing a crises of fires. So I can't fairly rate this game because the it makes me so uncomfortable. Maybe I'll retry next year and continue far enough into the game to decide if I like it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator