Posts created by mkinyon

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 29, 14 1:08 PM
Downloaded the latest update. I never had the really serious freezing problems some folks had, but the previous version would occasionally hang for 20 seconds or so. That seems to be gone. Also, my laptop isn't heating up quite as much.

Perhaps my favorite thing is that they fixed the trophy-counting bug. I suddenly got crystals for all the trophies I had earned in the previous update.

Not too many new quests, but enough for a few days, since one basically burns through all of one's energy in about 15 minutes.

tldr version: update good. mkinyon happy.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 15, 14 8:56 AM
corneliandrei wrote:does anyone know when the aereas in sub in skycrystal atriums opens?

Sorry, can you be a little clearer about what you're asking? Everything is open in Skycrystal Atriums, except for that "Coming Soon" spot in the very back. Did you mix up Skycrystal Atriums with one of the hidden object scenes?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 13, 14 3:14 PM
Whew! Today, at Level 37, I got the last piece of the Atrium Verdant Relic from the Treasure Vault, and am out of quests. (I did get one of the mysterious "Get to Level 38" quests which gives you credit for completing it before you reach that level.) So, as others have done, I'm just going to (slowly) level up buildings, building games and hidden object scenes for the achievements.

It's been a long haul. I've been surprised how quickly some people are leveling up. I was an early adopter (5 digit friend code 45640), but don't have much time to play each day.

Anyway, yay me?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 4, 14 12:40 PM
Thanks for the response. I certainly understand how the scroll panel is supposed to work in general; I was wondering if there were an exception for these particular quests.

Based on your answer, I deduce that at least some folks have managed (with patience) to collect the last piece of the Faire Exuberance relic without having the third area unlocked. Since Dawnhope Cavern at Expert level costs 114 energy points = approximately 9.5 hours of recharging time, it may be many days before I get it.

Now that I think of it, here is another reasonable question for those people who have finished all quests, including those in the last update: Are all areas in all hidden object scenes now unlocked for you? Or are there still a few locked ones here and there? Before the last update, many people were puzzled that the third area of Fairy Dragon Nest remained locked, but I have seen no analogous discussion since the update.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 4, 14 10:49 AM
I'm at Level 35. I have two quests for relics, the last piece of Faire Exuberance (in Dawnhope Cavern) and the last piece of Atrium Verdant (in Treasure Vault). Both quests require you to level up the locations to Expert (level 4) before the relics will appear.

I have done the former, not the latter. My questions:

1) Although I see the relic in the item list (yes, I know it might take several tries for it to drop), only two subareas of Dawnhope Cavern, the fountain and the statue, are unlocked. Do all three areas need to be unlocked before it drops?

2) Same question for Treasure Vault, although I am not far enough along there for it to matter too much.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 1, 14 8:04 AM
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. And it also explains the number discrepancies people have been seeing. Good catch!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 28, 14 11:05 AM
I am probably misremembering. Perhaps it's just minigame trophies? It's not achievements; that's counted separately at the bottom of the achievements list.

It also might be broken, of course.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 27, 14 8:55 PM
It's the achievement for getting trophies in hidden object scenes and minigames. After you get 50 (I think), this particular bug with the achievement title appears.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 25, 14 8:35 PM
Actually, it varies a lot from player to player. I had all the Mystic Gemshorns after the second round of the two trophy level.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 18, 14 12:43 PM
Regarding the Festival quests, they just start whenever you rescue Leena (did I spell that right?). Mine started in Level 32 this morning and I quickly completed four of them. I don't think they are very hard.

What's also interesting is that I think many people posting here finished all the earlier quests before the Feb 14 update was available. I did not, so I was working in the new areas before Dawnhope Cavern even opened. I still have two Faire Relics to find, but I'm focused on the new time-limited stuff, so those relics will have to wait.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 15, 14 9:36 AM
Yep, A.K. is back up. I had enough energy to play a quick round of Forgotten Glen to get Gavin his flower. That's it for today.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 15, 14 9:17 AM
You can't get energy back when you lose it because of having to forcequit the game or having your system reboot or anything like that. You just have to wait it out. That will be easy today since it seems no FTP game is able to connect to servers.

I'm sorry to hear about all the freezing problems people are having. I never play more than about 20 minutes per day, so I can't say I've been experiencing it. But I'm certainly sympathetic.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 15, 14 9:08 AM
Good day to go outside, I guess.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 15, 14 8:53 AM
It's pretty clearly a server-side problem. I'm getting the "Login Failed" message at the beginning of the game. I'd suggest not playing A.K. today or there's a high probability you'll lose all progress when the servers are back up.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 14, 14 2:36 PM
Just saw an amusing bug. I don't know if it was present before the current update. In the Achievements list, after getting the achievement for 50 (I think) trophies in the hidden object scenes, it reads

ACHIEVGAINTROPHYHEADER60

Methinks someone forgot to fill in some text here.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 8, 14 3:26 PM
It sometimes takes a while. Just because things show up in the list of items to collect doesn't mean you'll collect them in the next go. It took me three or four tries to get that particular relic.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 1, 14 7:50 AM
No, they don't give other awards. You do have to play a lot of them as part of quests, though.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 28, 14 8:55 PM
From a player perspective, they are the same thing: the place to go to buy stuff. Later you will spend more time/coins upgrading the Orchards than the Store, and then more special food will become available.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 28, 14 8:52 PM
Yeah, I eventually got the Enchantress Lamps, but it took a lot of patience. Same with saving money for upgrading the Orchards to Level 5. For a long time, that was the only quest I had available

At the moment, I'm at Level 29. Besides Faire relics, the only open quest is to play Wingferry Level 10 or 11 (I forget which), but that requires either crystals (no way!) or to upgrade Wingferry to Level 4. Of course, I don't have many coins since I just upgraded the Orchards recently.

So I'm just biding my time, playing Dawnshadow Lake and saving coins. The problem is that Dawnshadow Lake seems to be set so that it gives pink moonflowers only once about once every 8 or 9 plays. I currently have 7 moonflowers (in anticipation of that quest people keep warning me about), but I think it's going to be a long slog...

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 27, 14 8:44 AM
When you run into these occasional puzzles which open new areas, you can just have your pet solve them for you. I did that with the vine puzzle because I found it difficult to tell if I had selected a vine or not. (Maybe my screen brightness wasn't set well, I really don't know.) You have to wait a while for your pet to take his nap after every hint, but that's better than paying too many crystals for a skip.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator