Posts created by RiffRandell

posted in Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition on Oct 7, 17 2:05 AM
This game played beautifully when I bought if from BFG and now after a short time of game play it reboots or shuts down my computer. I am running Windows 7. This also happens with a game by the same company called Sally's Spa Beauty Secrets.
Any help?

posted in Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 17 12:08 PM
Hi, Happy!

I haven't experienced that precise issue but I can tell you that my game played flawlessly until my Windows 7 update this week. After that, my game spontaneously reboots my computer frequently.

I don't know if it is related but maybe.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Jun 7, 14 7:18 AM
The Adoption feature is one of the best improvements of VF2 v. VF1. It's a huge help in being able to tough it out until you find an email proposal to get the Perfect Match trophy.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 23, 14 6:35 AM
gamewhizz, when you drop them on a toy it should say that they are "Playing". When you have multiple toys they will roam between them. So if you drop them on the ship they might go to a different toy and vice versa.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 13, 14 7:21 PM
jajajup2003 wrote:hello.... no matter what time of the day or nigh i play it is always night in my game.... i'm starting to have eye issues.... i did change the reverse day/night option a lot it didn't do anything

jajajup2003, if you'll please read through this entire thread you will see that it's happening to most, if not all, of us. We are waiting for a fix for it.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 13, 14 7:18 PM
c5stephy wrote:
GeorgeTSLC wrote:All of this is just decoration, meant to make the whole mechanical, random simulation seem warmer and realer, but w/ no game consequences. Like people going outside for fresh air or to look for falling stars, or the older kids studying in the kitchen, or someone dancing to the radio.

However, pay attention to anything about the house's past, maybe even make notes. It's unlikely to be repeated, and should eventually add up to a coherent and interesting story--again, w/ no game consequences.

So there's not any ant bait to expect to pick up in the yard at some point (perhaps after filling one of the collections) to create a bug spray to get rid of them?

Yes, no spoilers here but you have to figure out how to get rid of the ants forever. Be sure to check your goals to see if there's something you need to first: once you are rid of the ants they are gone forever!

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 13, 14 7:15 PM
None of the rooms have an intent. When the people walk around wishing for something it just means they want the house fully renovated. I've never received any kind of reward for matching the room to what a family member wishes for.

If anyone disagrees with me, let us know what you think.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 5, 14 4:03 PM
entkitty wrote:Well, I am really kind of angry and laughing at myself for being such a fool. After paying really money to get more money to upgrade one career, which I did, only to have there entry level pay drop by over half...so..foolish me upgraded to 3 and it is still not the paying rate I had at level one - Day Trader. I am not sure I will play game any long and I know I surely will NOT be dumping any more money into the game.

A Day Trader plays the stock market, so their salary fluctuates in the game.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on May 4, 14 10:33 AM
wyndrunes, Are you sure it's gone? I thought mine was, too, but after looking through my program files I found it. The FTP version is named "Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House" and the paid version is named just "Virtual Families 2". I was very relieved to find it and to see that I'd lost no data. Maybe if you look around you'll find it, too. HTH!

wyndrunes wrote:Am very upset. Thought this was an update and now the game I paid for and had quite a lot done in is gone. This one is been nothing but problems. Keep getting blank screens and uninstalling and reinstalling is not helping. Tried to just reload the game I paid for but it's not even in my purchase history anymore. I think everyone that has already paid for this game should either have the choice to have the original back or get a credit.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Apr 30, 14 4:13 AM
Same problem here, it's always night.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Apr 25, 14 12:00 PM
The free BFG version has a lot of furniture that my BFG paid version doesn't have. And there are two more collections.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Apr 25, 14 11:49 AM
RiffRandell wrote:I installed the "free to play" version and now the version I paid for doesn't appear!!!

UPDATE: Both versions are still here. If anyone else has this problem the Paid version is Virtual Families 2 and the Free version is Virtual Families 2 Our Dream House.

posted in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House on Apr 22, 14 2:53 AM
I installed the "free to play" version and now the version I paid for doesn't appear!!!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Nov 18, 13 2:28 AM
cassey74 wrote:LOL... yes I was silly enough to roll the dice, all I got was a window left open and rubbish in every room grrrrr $2000 down the drain or should I say the rubbish bin

A bit expensive, yes, but a great way to help reach the picking-up-wrappers goal!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children on Sep 21, 13 3:39 AM
By fixing existing buildings. Drop them on the house and it will say "fixing hut". Every time they do it they'll gain experience.

Also, after you are able to make stews, the recipe that makes villagers exercise adds building experience. However, I'm not sure if there are detrimental effects from it.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Sep 21, 13 3:29 AM
Just a note that if you're trying to get the goal for cleaning up spots sometimes if you move the furniture you'll find some, under the bed, for instance. Just like at my house.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Sep 21, 13 3:20 AM
Great idea!

In case there are players who don't know, you don't have to a wait for the complete preparing cycle; as soon as the preparer puts the food on the table you can seat everyone including the cook and they will eat.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 1, 13 5:25 PM
I wonder the same thing. Maybe in VF3??!!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children on Jul 30, 13 10:26 AM
Yes but it takes a long time when your tribe is small. And it seems that you can only get good results if you have just ONE villager marked to be a healer. When you start training him/her they will go to all the herbs and study them on their own but then they quit and just goof off so you have to keep dropping them on the herbs. I don't recommend a dedicated healer until you have a very large tribe or with a small tribe when you choose to let the game run while you're not actively playing.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children on Jul 29, 13 9:24 PM
Hi! If you set your game to run 2x speed it takes around two hours for her to finish the nursing her baby. You can then make another baby immediately; there's no waiting time.

Don't feel too badly....I just lost a tribe I'd been working with for a long time because I didn't notice that all my children were boys and my women were all too old to make babies!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator