Posts created by mcf_square_eyes

Hezekia- I couldn't agree more with Mr_Russ & genkicoll about Dorian Gray! I really loved this game and the CE bonus chapter was worth the extra . I have only just started Lonely Hearts Killer but am enjoying it so far. What do you look for in a game? Maybe name some favorites for better suited suggestions. I like a bit of variety in mine and will gladly endure somewhat dated graphics for a decent story and gameplay.

P.S- I was also disappointed in Shadow Lake. It feels like I am dissing a family member in saying it but it's true. I haven't gone nuts for every MCF and certainly have favorites (ravenhearst, RTR and Madame Fate) but this is the first one I've really felt disappointed over.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 10:23 PM
No more live actors (never been a fan)
Hidden object scenes across different rooms/areas was great (probably the highlight of Shadow Lake)
Engaging storyline that really captivates the player. Sometimes the simplest storylines can be the best as it's fluidity doesn't get bogged down in "too many sub-plots" with vague, disjointed points that do not add to the story (ahem yes I'm referring to my feelings on Shadow Lake)
The good old off beat / dry humor of MCF's past
I would love to see a pay off for buying the CE including the ability to access all the mini-games at any time from the menu once completed. I absolutely loved this about the game Anka
I enjoy morphing objects but unlike Shadow Lake if this is an achievement the player should have access to this from the outset. How about morphing MD badges?
Bonus content should equal a good bonus chapter. I'm thinking a'la Dorian Gray Syndrome -perfect length bonus and a real reward.
A return to the "Rube Goldberg" style puzzles and anything else whacky and challenging you can throw at us
A sense of danger/threat to us as the MD throughout the game.

Just my for now

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 9:39 PM
Hi mhopson!

Have you turned your computer off and restarted? I know that's a basic answer but sometimes overlooked when we are frustrated. I hope your back up and running soon

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 2:51 AM
Shanette, Purpleali- yes my countdown is finally at last in full swing! These darling kids are being packed off to bed in an hour from now and then I can play!!!! Purplerabbit no worries on the tarp. Gotta protect that whaleshark skin of yours.

It's almost in a way like it's worked out for the best with my ridiculous d/l time. I would have never wanted to stop playing and would have been more zombie-like at work today than I already was with my crazy d/l alarms. As it was I was eyeballing the time on my monitor at work today like crazy.

Thankyou Purpleali for the but I wouldn't want to be selfish and win it again next year. I'm thinking of re-gifting it
Shanette Dexter was a fab distraction! One of my favorite seasons so far. Loving the whole Dexter & Hannah & Deb shocker and Laguerta sleuthing at the mo.

As Sunfish and others have asked- where do we catch up from here? I know previous years there has been mention of already established threads which I have tried to use but with little success as they weren't spec thread fish specific (lurkers or posters). Now I really should stop being on BFG before my selective eyesight fails and I do see something I didn't want to so here is a thought.....
Did anyone want to create a MCF 2012 Post-Spec Thread?????

I think it would be awesome to all catch up somewhere where we can comment on the game, catch up with friends and most importantly discuss how everyone's valiant efforts with clue solving and speculation/theories related to the game. Just a thought. I would start it but I really need to head topside and get into the game! Not long now

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:41 PM
Hi everyone!
Hope everyone who has played or is playing SL is loving it! I'm trying to keep clear of the forums so I don't see anything I dont want to as I haven't started yet. A few of you saw my earlier posts about my super slow d/l so just popping in on my lunchbreak to let you know how it panned out.

Started d/l as soon as Buy Now was an option! This was 4pm my time. D/l seemed to progress at the speed of about 10% per hour! I thought surely that couldn't continue but alas it did. I had to console myself with a nice dinner and the latest Dexter ep. Finally went to bed at midnight with progress at a dismal 88% Set my alarm for 1:30am to keep tabs on it and rest assured it was already to go. 1:30am alarm goes off and I'm shattered thinking it was 6:30am and I'd had a lousy sleep. Remembered my beloved d/l go to puter to see it was at 97%! More alarm setting and finally at 2:15am it was all done. Total download time-10.25 hours

Looked back at my posts for EFR and saw that last year it only took me 3 hours so go figure?! Long story short- my darling sons will be having a very early bedtime and with no work the next two days..... I GET TO PLAY!!!

I look forward to reviewing and catching up with you all soon

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 2:23 AM
Sas good luck with the d/l. I have to keep away from the forums from now on because I'm already seeing things I don't want to see on the forums home page like "stuck on______" and chapter titles I'm in WA but a regional city. May as well be in the bush at the rate the game is downloading. I'm on ADSL2 with our countries biggest network and my DH has kindly let me use his new monster gaming pc complete with 23" monitor. All this has me at 19%.

Well tomorrow is another day.... albeit a day at work. I think I'm starting to feel a little unwell actually *cough cough* I wish I could just "no show" but my work ethic is just too strong. Catch you all in the reviews/comments section when I'm done although knowing me I'll probably see you in the tips/help section sooner

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:21 AM
Sas, purpleali how's the download going? I'm at......10% Sas I think I recall from last year you are a fellow Aussie fish. Our broadband is so woeful. You are ahead of me though. You must be in one of those fancier eastern states

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:47 AM
Shanette thanks for the hand. Wow we really trashed this bus good and proper.
Purplealikat yes thank goodness it did just pause it! I am now up to..........wait for it...... 3%!

I keep telling my DH and DS's to not look at the computer (you know cos they'll jinx it somehow and slow it down) or pay any attention me being so on edge!

I think I need to go and do some RL chores to get my mind off it. I just desperately wanted to squeeze in a few hours before going to bed then off to work. If I can get it downloaded in 4 hours I'm in with a chance

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:31 AM
Thanks Purplealikat & atsfgal cleaning the bus is really going to take my mind of the fact that I didn't even get past 2% before my puter started configuring updates I don't know what happens to my progress?

Sitting here waiting to see what happens. Waiting for game manager to open now updates complete

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:15 AM
Laura you're so lucky! Enjoy! I am watching my download slithering along. It's been at 1% forever

Oh and I guess I came back after my goodbye I need somewhere to hang out while I'm waiting. Hope your all downloading swiftly and as excited as me!!!

Shanette- Singapore that makes sense! I am indeed in Western Australia

Arrrgh just clicked over to 2%. I think I'll start cleaning up the bus. Anyone wanna help? Hey guys, where did you all go

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 11:58 PM
Shanette Are you an aussie fishie? Your time for release is the same as mine!

Thanks everyone for another fantastic MCF Spec Thread year. Thanks again Hondo and Picman- I'm sure we will see you really soon!

It's been a blast!!! See you all soon

Need to spend the final minute working on my Buy Now finger muscles

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 11:25 PM
Sisgabe sorry the lurching of the bus is also partly my fault. My eyes are getting a bit heavy. I've been weaving through this fog for hours now. I don't really want the responsibility of pulling this bus into the Drive Motel carpark. Parking is not really my forte plus I wouldn't mind having a stretch and maybe getting a bit rowdy up the back in hand.

Who's taking over the wheel on this last little stretch? Don't forget the driver also needs to monitor the dash mounted "roof cam" to keep tabs on Purplerabbit. Also easy on the breaks on arrival so she stays put

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 10:53 PM
Hondo!!!!!

Nuthin' much, just chillin'

Now your back I'd just like to thank you for your great efforts on this years spec thread!

Thank goodness for the game as such a much needed distraction is required as the thread comes to an end and we say our goodbyes.

(I didn't see any 'e' typo in your post)

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 9:29 PM
Dashing through the night
On our way to Shadow Lake
Over the bumps holding tight
Not much longer it will take

There's a whale shark on the roof
And merriment all round
Need to find an 'e' for proof
So let's not stop until it's found!

Oh Shadow Lake, Shadow Lake
The game we want to play
Oh what fun it is to ride
The MD party bus today

The time is almost here
Must be patient, don't know how
Holding in my cheer
For when I hit "Buy Now"

This thread is like a friend
Friendly fish I've come to know
Now almost at the end
Then sleuthing we will go

Oh Shadow Lake, Shadow Lake
The game we want to play
Oh what fun it is to ride
The MD party bus today

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 6:13 PM
Goodnight cadfael I've just installed "roofcam" to keep an eye on Purplerabbit and the tarp situation. All's good for now although if the tarp did cause us to take flight we might shave off some travel time

Okay so I'll do my best behind the wheel but geez the steering on this old girl is a workout! Just popping on a tune for y'all to groove to.....

(to the tune of Madonna's "celebrate")

Shadow La-ake, Shadow La-ake

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 5:27 PM
Purplerabbit I'm a bit worried about you up there! If it starts to rain who knows what could happen with all the talk of radiation in the area

*scales up the side ladder and covers Purplerabbit in a large tarp complete with eye holes and gill cut outs*

Arrrgh that's better! Now back inside to find a comfy spot

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 4:57 PM
Just to clarify for some who may be confused on the release time given their time zone ( I know this because it's how I countdown each year)

If you are a game club member therefore able to purchase Shadow Lake as TGT go by the countdown on the BFG home page where the hours and minutes are counting down the access end time for the current TGT.

For me this is a rather convenient time of approximately 4pm being an Australian fishie. The downside is that after just returning from leave I have work tomorrow and really feel like just dialing it in

If I'm incorrect in my method please feel free to correct me. I just have many fond memories of staring at the screen, seeing 0 hours, 0 minutes left, new MCF game pops up as TGT, finger hits Buy Now! (all done in a dream like, possessed manner with moments of palpitations interspersed with moments of reminding myself to breath )

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 4:20 AM
Shamelessly spruiking an additional bus-worthy credential- as I do not reside in a "well covered time zone" I volunteer driving the "late shift". I have a manual car license but have driven trucks and tractors quite successfully in my time. Anyone up for a SL bus joyride?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 2:33 AM
Hi all
Well I'm back from my 2000+ kilometer whirlwind trip for my sisters wedding. I've been lurking and sneakily (desperately) trying to keep up with the thread while on the road where net coverage would allow and have caught up at last! I've been stealing moments in two different hotels, on the road and wherever possible to try and keep up. I guess it's not good social graces to be fixated on something other folk may see as trivial when it was a big family trip for my only siblings wedding. But alas I managed! Much hilarity ensued though with moments of my DH saying how much he loathes "spec thread" time of year and cruising down a highway today holding my phone outside the window of the car thinking that would assist in getting network coverage as I desperately attempted to get the trailer link to open after painstakingly catching up with the 20 preceding pages

I'm yet to check out the twitter Q&A but am very much looking forward to it! Congrats to all fishies who had their questions answered. The "tweam" questions was a great initiative too. Awesome job mandi_berg for such a thoughtful service to the non-twitter community

After 3 spec threads I have never worked up the nerve to invite myself onto the bus. I was thinking I could catch a ride a'la bad / shape-shifting terminator (T-1000) in
Terminator 2 and run and hook onto the back but that may not give best first impression.
If anyone onboard needs to have a stretch or answer the call of nature please advise the current driver. I'll be waiting on the roadside with my satchel of helpful goods. I have magnifying glass cleaner, a sharpener for all your axe, pick or brain sharpening needs, MD badge polish and plenty of to keep Sas gainfully employed as resident spider elimination expert

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 12 3:20 AM
Wowsers! What a pickle Picman! Me and the fam off on a 5 day holiday tomorrow morning for my sisters wedding. Will this stop me keeping tabs on the thread? No
sir-ree bob! I just hope I can quit my body clocks new trick of getting up at 4:30am to "catch up" so when it is my real rise and shine time I dont start the day pouring through all the pages. Logical right?

Laura

so sorry for your loss. My dog will be 14 on 4/6/13 and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. I can only imagine how tough it's been. I hope your lil lab is feeling better soon too.

As I need to pack for DH and 2 sons it will be a busy night as I like to have the car loaded up the night before. Just remembered on top of the cases I also need to jam in the guitar case. My DH is playing "At Last"- Etta James as the "aisle song"

Big to all the fishies slaving over our latest clue while I selfishly ponder how many pairs of shoes is really enough for my trip Look forward to catching up with you all soon

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator