Posts created by SherrieS

posted in Pirates of New Horizons: Planet Buster on Jul 30, 12 12:26 PM
Based on Demo
This is a twist on M3--actually it isn't a M3 per se, but can be fun-kinda

The game board: Timed (4-5 min)
The colours are very bright! And the orbs have a 3-D quality to them

The overall map is child like drawings--don't let that fool you!
can hop from one level to another once unlocked

The game: you are to swap one orb for another to create as many chain reaction as you can--each match YOU make cost a coin-each chain reaction creates 1-15 coins.

You need to reach a certain score to go level up-

After level 3, I think, you get random bomb locks-match those & get even more coins.

In between level you some times get a "challenge" clear the board in "x" moves-- like Bejeweld in a way
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/26/bejeweled2/index.html

This game can be challenging, after the first few levels

Good for final punch or really boring day
Can be played by any member of the family

I recommend trying the trial hour completely to get "it" & decide

posted in Campgrounds on Jun 18, 12 10:54 AM
wndf wrote:Don't know how bwats521 did it, but I am always happy to share my tactics as someone seems to be interested :p.

1. Build a factory on the one open spot - dig up the treasure - start clearing the path to the south.
2. Buy 1,000 materials and start clearing the path to the north.
3. As soon as you have the materials, try to have cleared the spot in the north - build a villa there.
4. Clear away all the rubble at the volleyball court and the chalet that isn't broken.
5. Start producing materials and building a second villa - repair the broken chalet at the top left.

- no need for upgrading your houses - however, do buy the parking spots -

6. After having 4 houses (the two villas and the two chalets), produce 2,000 more materials.
7. Demolish the two broken chalets at the right.
8. In the mean time, buy some more workers (up to 7 or 8 total).
9. Build two green houses and start producing seeds.
10. Demolish the factory.
11. Build a pool.
12. Build 5 fruit trees (start on the spot furthest away from home base).[b]demolish green houses
13. When you are finishing the last trees, start a party at the pool and the volleyball court.

Good luck!

It worked! Yeah!!!!
thank you

posted in Campgrounds on Jun 17, 12 2:33 PM
katienne wrote:OK...

Finally got gold on this level.

My method:

Build Chalet and scare monkey on bottom.
As soon as you have 2 workers, build factory and produce 400, and then 200 materials. Keep cranking out materials as you have the cash.
Build 2nd chalet and upgrade both to 3 stars. Buy parking spaces.
Build lower bridge. Build tent in empty spot.
Build second greenhouse in upper right spot, and start cranking out seed and materials. Buy more workers when you get the cash. (I went up to 9). Make sure your chalets and tent have gardens.
As soon as you have 3075 materials, tear down factory and build bridge. Put up tent in place of factory, and garden it. As soon as you have bridge up, scare the ape.

At that point, use all your workers to do the three pond and bushes, and dig the map piece all at once. I was building the garden on the last tent at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Finally! gold with 3 days to spare THANK YOU

posted in The Timebuilders: Caveman's Prophecy on Jun 15, 12 3:03 AM
how do I get gold on this? I'm always short time

Rebeca_Lily wrote:LOL, edmee, do as I do: on the first play I concentrate only in the story - multiprogramming is not for me, I get dizzy... No achievements no nothing!

Then, when I am acquiainted with the plot, I play it again, and now I try to concentrate on the achievements alone. I get double pleasure - like reading a book second time for motives, background etc. I do this only in games that I like...

KEWL IDEA! relieve of busy stress ful what am I looking for again?

I still say if I'm going to drop $$ on a CE I should be able to access the Bonus material up front!
:::stepping off soapbox::::

posted in Big Kahuna Words on May 18, 12 4:00 PM
Make at least a 7 letter bomb right next to an edge closest to the square and then blow it up...

posted in Flip Words on May 17, 12 1:05 PM
English words starting with "x"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xanthamide, xanthate, xanthates, xanthelasma, xanthian, xanthic, xanthide, xanthidia, xanthidium, xanthin, xanthine, xanthinine, xanthippe, xanthium, xanthocarpous, xanthochroi, xanthochroic, xanthochroid, xanthochroism, xanthodontous, xanthogen, xanthogenate, xanthogenic, xanthoma, xanthomatous, xanthomelanous, xanthophane, xanthophyll, xanthopous, xanthoproteic, xanthoprotein, xanthopuccine, xanthorhamnin, xanthorhiza, xanthorhoea, xanthose, xanthosis, xanthospermous, xanthous, xanthoxylene, xanthoxylum, xebec, xebecs, xeme, xenelasia, xenia, xenic, xenium, xenobiologies, xenobiology, xenocryst, xenodochium, xenodochy, xenogamy, xenogenesis, xenogenetic, xenograft, xenolith, xenolithic, xenoliths, xenomania, xenomi, xenon, xenons, xenophobe, xenophobes, xenophobia, xenophobic, xenopterygii, xenotime, xenurine, xenyl, xenylic, xeraphim, xeres, xeric, xerif, xeriff, xeroderma, xerographic, xerography, xeronate, xeronic, xerophagy, xerophilous, xerophthalmia, xerophthalmy, xerophyte, xerosis, xerox, xeroxed, xeroxes, xeroxing, xii, xiii, xiphias, xiphidium, xiphioid, xiphiplastra, xiphiplastron, xiphisterna, xiphisternum, xiphius, xiphodon, xiphoid, xiphoidian, xiphoids, xiphophyllous, xiphosura, xiphosuran, xiphura, xiv, xix, xmas, xmases, xp, xvi, xvii, xviii, xx, xxi, xxii, xxiii, xxiv, xxv, xxx, xylamide, xylan, xylanthrax, xylate, xylem, xylems, xylene, xylenol, xyletic, xylic, xylidic, xylidine, xylindein, xylite, xylitol, xylitone, xylobalsamum, xylocarpous, xylocopa, xylogen, xylograph, xylographer, xylographic, xylographical, xylography, xyloid, xyloidin, xylol, xylology, xylonite, xylophaga, xylophagan, xylophagides, xylophagous, xylophilan, xylophilous, xylophone, xylophones, xylophonist, xylophonists, xyloplastic, xylopyrography, xyloquinone, xylorcin, xylose, xylostein, xylotile, xylotomist, xylotomous, xylotomy, xylotrya, xylyl, xylylene, xyridaceous, xyris, xyst, xystarch, xyster, xysters, xysts, xystus,

posted in Flip Words 2 on May 17, 12 1:04 PM
English words starting with "x"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xanthamide, xanthate, xanthates, xanthelasma, xanthian, xanthic, xanthide, xanthidia, xanthidium, xanthin, xanthine, xanthinine, xanthippe, xanthium, xanthocarpous, xanthochroi, xanthochroic, xanthochroid, xanthochroism, xanthodontous, xanthogen, xanthogenate, xanthogenic, xanthoma, xanthomatous, xanthomelanous, xanthophane, xanthophyll, xanthopous, xanthoproteic, xanthoprotein, xanthopuccine, xanthorhamnin, xanthorhiza, xanthorhoea, xanthose, xanthosis, xanthospermous, xanthous, xanthoxylene, xanthoxylum, xebec, xebecs, xeme, xenelasia, xenia, xenic, xenium, xenobiologies, xenobiology, xenocryst, xenodochium, xenodochy, xenogamy, xenogenesis, xenogenetic, xenograft, xenolith, xenolithic, xenoliths, xenomania, xenomi, xenon, xenons, xenophobe, xenophobes, xenophobia, xenophobic, xenopterygii, xenotime, xenurine, xenyl, xenylic, xeraphim, xeres, xeric, xerif, xeriff, xeroderma, xerographic, xerography, xeronate, xeronic, xerophagy, xerophilous, xerophthalmia, xerophthalmy, xerophyte, xerosis, xerox, xeroxed, xeroxes, xeroxing, xii, xiii, xiphias, xiphidium, xiphioid, xiphiplastra, xiphiplastron, xiphisterna, xiphisternum, xiphius, xiphodon, xiphoid, xiphoidian, xiphoids, xiphophyllous, xiphosura, xiphosuran, xiphura, xiv, xix, xmas, xmases, xp, xvi, xvii, xviii, xx, xxi, xxii, xxiii, xxiv, xxv, xxx, xylamide, xylan, xylanthrax, xylate, xylem, xylems, xylene, xylenol, xyletic, xylic, xylidic, xylidine, xylindein, xylite, xylitol, xylitone, xylobalsamum, xylocarpous, xylocopa, xylogen, xylograph, xylographer, xylographic, xylographical, xylography, xyloid, xyloidin, xylol, xylology, xylonite, xylophaga, xylophagan, xylophagides, xylophagous, xylophilan, xylophilous, xylophone, xylophones, xylophonist, xylophonists, xyloplastic, xylopyrography, xyloquinone, xylorcin, xylose, xylostein, xylotile, xylotomist, xylotomous, xylotomy, xylotrya, xylyl, xylylene, xyridaceous, xyris, xyst, xystarch, xyster, xysters, xysts, xystus,

posted in Shadomania on May 16, 12 9:10 AM
Valdy wrote:This is now the 5th game in a row which doesn't appeal to me. Nice concept, but a total yawn. I did a few images, you get the hang of it quite quickly, but it was just too mind-numbingly boring.

I almost suspect for adding these games just after the credit sale so that we are more inclined to get them with our half-price credits, because we wouldn't have bought them if we had to pay full price for them.

However, it seems that even at half price I can't bring myself to buy any of those games we have been getting over the last few days.

But... there is always tomorrow. I am just hoping that the Norton problem has been fixed for tomorrow's game, because my finger starts to hover once more over that Dark Alleys "Buy" button, and I don't want to buy the CE.

there is always the end of month blockbuster

posted in Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan on May 15, 12 6:10 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:I only lasted 8 minutes... finished one H0 scene and when the second opened up I just couldn't face another one. Sooo boring, the items are way too small, and there's a misclick penalty. No thanks.

For someone who just wants an easy peasy straight hog AND has great eyesite then maybe they'll like this game... otherwise... it's a pass.

PS: On the plus side it filled my widescreen... now if a dev could do that back in 2009 what is the excuse for devs not doing it today? Hmmm

DITTO

posted in Marie Antoinette and the Disciples of Loki on May 15, 12 6:02 AM
Really? over a 1/2 hour to get through the first chapter & I still don't know how I managed that-

btw---isn't LOKI the god of Mischief in Norwegian?

posted in Criminal Minds on Apr 21, 12 2:36 PM
I played the demo:
I found this a bit better than CSI or Law & Order, simple old school HOG
Mini games not too challenging, simple
Follows a liniar (sp) thinking, some quirks
Decent Graphics
No Voice over (shame but ok) Since I DO NOT mind reading
Music is background-I listen to my own music anyway
The Characters from the game are comparable to the likeness of the TV show.
(think along the lines of Wire in The Blood or Midsummer Murders for UK fans)
**no click penalty**
Hint refills quickly-works outside of HOS
Built in SG-as in how to proceed if you get stuck
all in all? Good for the price & looks like a nice 4-6 hours for casual player

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Mar 22, 12 10:30 AM
caroltmnc wrote:How do you get the 7 multiplier to work? I bought it but it does not show up when I play.

Finished ! HA! now going through it again--I noticed once you hit 18-25 cards in a row your multiplier *I Think*

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 12 4:59 AM
Based on Demo
new Develops 1st go & WOW!
Excellant graphics, very clean
three play modes-
Demo has first 3 chapters SG
no VO, lite reading to keep story flowing-not too much
I absolutely loved the Music-not intrusive & different tracks, very "mysterious" and mellow
Click penalty in HOS, Hint refills at about a minute
no map-not needed-very linier
Easy game -played in second level-Sparkles on everything to look at, not actualyl to do.
fun mini puzzles
a nice cold theme for those of us have 70's & sunny weather
I would definately buy this-but want to wait & see on length.

posted in Behind the Reflection 2: Witch's Revenge on Mar 21, 12 6:27 AM
Based on Demo-that was far to quick IMO
Child soul stealing witch escapes jail & wants revenge on a mother that turned her in.
I haven't played the first one, but it really doesn't need it for this sequel.
Intro/Loading music is very interesting & actually upbeat.
No voice overs, balloon text on background-video clip replayable in notebook.
WOW! excellant computer graphics are very clean
great combo of HO/Gather items for next step (in same area-good)
The music changes to suspenseful after intro once into game. Whisperes in Sound effects sounds latin based-can control it.
clear instruction, fun mini games so far. a bit of thinking involved.
no level options-
click penalty in HO.(there are 18 ways to define stamp BTW)
Sparkles only light up after 30 seconds-so good directions that way
no map iinteractive or otherwise-so no info on length.
So all in all a fun, somewhat challenging game for HO/Puzzle fans.
/ --the map would have been helpful ALOT not only to gauge length, but also possible areas to explore, interactive would have been even better--so I'm spoilt

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 20, 11 10:52 AM
I liked the demo so much I bought it after about 20 minutes.
I really like the graphics,
The story is quite unique,
The option to scroll was wonderful (motion sickness avaoided)
AND....there wasn't alot of back & forth to do things (exhaustion avaoided)
Some really nice mini games
-no sound card right now, so chk out fellow fishies on sound & voice overs)
The **** where nice, not junk piles & did I mention a decent story?
The length could have been longer, and it really reminded me og the **** game of Hidden Expeditions, only different.

posted in Matchmaker: Joining Hearts on Feb 11, 11 10:52 PM
ooo I'm a guppy!!!
o the game? Cheesy easy but holiday appropriate

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Feb 11, 11 10:50 PM
it's ok for the price--walkthru would have helped

posted in Chronicles of Albian: The Magic Convention on Feb 11, 11 10:48 PM
fun, light good gane

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator