Posts created by education69

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 17 5:05 AM
Very engaging game. A bit weird though, Why would they offer a "reward" for skipping a puzzle? I see this as a stand alone as it is separate from the greater Mystery Case Files series such as the Ravenhearst story arc, but there could be a connection. I liked the Scottish brogue of Sir Richard Galloway.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 17 12:40 PM
If indeed all three families are connected it would be very interesting to see a family tree of the whole line. In another game series, the Chocolatier series, we meet the Baumeister family and I remember that someone had created a family tree for them on another website so maybe someone could do something similar for this series.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 17 8:43 AM
Re: SMS messages I am an American with two kids ages 14 and 10. My kids call it texting even though they both use emoji, pics and everything else. I call it texting too. I know what SMS means however the majority of my SMS are long because I work as a private tutor for children of non-English speaking parents. Most of my students have parents that speak Spanish only (don't get me started on this) and have phones with translator apps. In order to be understood by these apps I have to type entire words. Abbreviations are not going to translate easily.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 17 8:06 AM
Great game. Love the puzzles. The walkthrough and guide are very helpful. As usual Big Fish never fails to disappoint. Like I said in another section of this forum I think that there is some sort of blood connection between the Dalimars, the Ravenhearsts and the Huxleys. Maybe this will be explored further in the next game.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 17 7:59 AM
I just finished the game and I also can't shake the feeling that there is some kind of connection between the Huxley Family, the Dalimar family and the Ravenhearst family. I know they all sought to conquer death (the Dalimars and Ravenhearsts through magic and the Huxleys through medical science but could there be some bloodline connection as well. Maybe in the next game this question will be explored further.

In this episode in the Ravenhearst series we're introduced to a man named Ben Caldwell. Is he related to the original Ravenhearst Manor constructors or is there some other connection between him and Charles Dalimar?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Sep 1, 16 8:02 AM
Interesting bonus Game. For a while I was wondering why I was playing as Alister Dalimar, then at the end when I (spoiler alert) saw the original Master Detective put in the headlock device. I realized that the bonus game was actually set before the main game.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Aug 30, 16 1:08 PM
Just finished the main game this morning. I liked it a lot. For those of you complaining about the fact that Emma Ravenhearst was given an ancestor who was a bit of a tyrant. I dare you to research your own family tree. You may find that not all of your ancestors were nice people like yourselves. Having a nasty ancestor doesn't change who Emma Ravenhearst was, in fact, it gives Charles Dalimar another reason to seek her her out at that party. He probably knew of her ancestor's having been skilled in the occult arts and sought her out for that very reason.

Key to Ravenhearst is a great game. I like the Ravenhearst museum theme of it. This Caldwell character is intriguing. Could he be related to the construction workers who built the original Ravenhearst Manor? Great game,

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Aug 28, 16 8:30 PM
I'm not finished with the game yet, but so far I like it. It's extremely intriguing and the puzzles are very intricate. I can't wait to see the ending,

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Aug 27, 16 11:24 AM
Forget it, figured it out. Not sure how I did it though I just raised and lowered tiles randomly till I got a picture

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Aug 25, 16 6:20 AM
Okay I'm having trouble figuring out the face part of the first big puzzle in this game. The part that's supposed to look like Charles Dalimar's face when you get through with it. How many times do I need to click on each part to get it all right, I don't want to skip and I've tried numerous times with no results.

Well actually Steampunk Goth, Dire Grove, which I have played several times is not directly connected to the Ravenhearst Manor story arc, although in a barrel where you pick up one of the objects for your tools you do see a drawing that leads back to Return to Ravenhearst. Later on in Dire Grove: Sacred Grove the detective revisits the setting of the Dire Grove mystery for another story that is directly connected to the Ravenhearst story arc. I haven't downloaded or played the two latest Mystery Case games in the Ravenhearst Manor series yet so if you get there ahead of me no spoilers please. As for Dire Grove, since I have already played it and know the story I will be leaving it for the time being and going on to the next game in the series, which is 13th Skull. Although 13th Skull is not directly connected to the Ravenhearst Manor story arc when you get all the black and golden cards in the story you get a special piece of information which gives you a little of information about the backstory of Charles Dalimar. Hopefully the managers of Big Fish will see this note and make an adjustment and tell us about it. In the meantime I will see if this latest post has upgraded my raking in the forums out of the minnow range.

Okay, that isn't working. Any help from a manager or somebody who has had this problem before?

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and now some of my games will not work. Is there anything I can do. Right now I am trying uninstalling and reinstalling Dire Grove.

Okay, so I'm guessing the girls were vampires too, probably made that way by Elizabeth Bathory and Flicko. And they probably bit the gypsy. I may play the game again just to get more tarot cards and to try some of the harder puzzles again especially the picture restoring puzzles.

Okay this may seem like a strange request, but I came to the end of the game and just as the gypsy asked the girls why they didn't run away my phone rang, and I missed it. I heard the girls say something about "Father would never hurt us." Then I lost the rest. Were the girls vampires too? Did they bite the gypsy? What happened? I don't want to play the game again. While I liked the story I found the potions too strange, especially in the fact that I had to drink some of them (drinking a potion containing arsenic could kill you). I know it's weird for someone to actually request a spoiler, but help me, I'm dying to know.

I.m in the crypt, according to the guide, I'm supposed to pick up a moth cocoon in the fountain, but I can't find it. I looked all over the crypt but I never found it. I proceeded without it until I got to the dining hall and got the recipe that calls for it. Where is it?

Excellent Game, Mystery Case Files has produced yet another puzzling mystery, and the bonus section was also very interesting in its way of telling us who was really behind all the cold trouble in Dire Grove. I won't give too much away, but you can guess the answer if you can figure out this riddle:

Ravens and crows fly to the north, to the east, to the south and to the west, but always in the same manner, and all the stair on which they dally are forever marred.

I'm having trouble maneuvering the golden ball into the final hole in the stump can anybody help me ive hit every hole in the sump but no shield piece.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator