Posts created by Rainbow722

momo2006 wrote:Wooo Hooo!! My very first post!

I'm glad some one brought up Frank Williams-the carpenter who was killed at the construction site of Ravenhearst Manor. I've always had the feeling it was NOT an accident but that story element never went anywhere. If the wife and daughter he left behind had been Rose and the twins, it would all make sense (I mean, I can see Charles "trolling for souls"!). So, what's up with that? A set-up for a future storyline? Ideas anybody?

An intriguing idea, but Rose and the twins have the last name of Sommerset. I have always thought the "accident" was no accident too. Perhaps he killed the carpenter so that he would not be able to tell anyone about just what Ravenhearst Manor was all about!

wietop wrote:...Why put a game out there that you know has issues? Surely they have beta testers that can identify any bugs before the game is released. Do a better job. We're spending enough money that we deserve it.

Beta testing will not cover all situations and sometimes the problems aren't apparent until the game is released. Some beta tests do not allow you to play a game all the way through and are more like a demo. When a game is released, it is suddenly being run on a myriad of different configurations in systems, different versions of the OS, etc. so problems may happen that did not show in the beta testing.
scs2 wrote:... If BFG wants to use the slogan "Best Customer Service" it should establish specific intervals for updates each week. And the updates should be consistent and include a projected time for redelivery..

Well, that would be a good thing BUT BFG doesn't have control over the developers or their schedules. And updates each week are not always possible because of the "nature of the beast." I have done some programming, and can tell you Curly_Squirrel said it best:
Curly_Squirrel wrote:...understand that it isn't one of those "Oh. Here's the problem." and a magical wand is waived over the program, then it works.

There is tons of code to go through and testing it out to make sure the error is fixed. Once in a while, the fix can cause another problem... and so on.

All that being said, I too am anxiously waiting for a fix. Wondering if this developer has done other mac games? If not, then could take a bit longer than a "usual" update.

sea_maid wrote:
picman050967 wrote:My clues will be far less compelling than Solice's, as I have not yet played the game!
Not for lack of wanting to, but I like to wait until it is feature complete so I get the full immersive experience, as opposed to bits and pieces.

I know the name and roughly the setting and the a little bit about the story...but that is it.

Picman

Picman, are you serious in saying that the game isn't completed yet? I thought it was merely finishing touches at this point.I'm starting to think that this won't be released until December.

He just said "feature complete" which makes me guess that the game is done except for putting it all together ie, adding music, etc. because he likes the "full immersive experience." Immersive has 3 definitions: 1) providing information or stimulation for a number of senses, not only sight and sound: 2) pertaining to immersing or plunging into something; 3) generating a three-dimensional image which appears to surround the user.
Or maybe they are ready for beta testing.....watch your Game Splash!

1_of_5 wrote:Ravenhearst storyline takes place in 1895. RTR takes place in 2008. Victor couldn't be older than the twins unless lots of time travel is taking place (looks pretty good for someone of around 100, there's a 113 year difference between the two stories). Victor escapes to 1895 which brings us back to Emma. One meaning of delta, someone said, is change. Maybe he's going to attempt to change the past to prevent us from being able to free everyone. I didn't see him take anything into the time machine with him (just finished playing after about 5 hours) so the device must be the machine itself. Which means, if right, that he's gone back to tell young Charles of future events. Hence a change.

DG tomorrow.

Well, Victor seems to be older than the girls in RTR. It would make sense if Charles also found a way to keep Victor alive for longer because he couldn't survive without someone to take care of him and his equipment. (Not too far off to imagine since he could rig up the machine that kept him alive) May be that he kept Victor alive, but couldn't keep him from doing some aging--he does look good and appears relatively healthy for being so old--he had the strength to put the detective up in the attic! Actually, Victor looks better than Charles in RTR.

Wonder if the college the kids went to in Dire Grove was the college Emma attended before she went to England?

mcfcrazy wrote:HAHAHA!
Actually, I will..... I love my job. I even play the MCF games at work.

Any job openings there? willing to move for a dream job!

Wondering if omega/delta means the beginning is changed--maybe we will find out more about charles before he met emma...maybe he was already involved with all the spirit/occult stuff--he sure had a lot of books.

Maybe a different sort of game like Madam Fate and we don't find the connection til the end! We are all assuming the "R" means Ravenhearst--what if it is different?

Some of you have some really great ideas! Keep going--it sure keeps the brain stimulated!

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Oct 21, 10 4:23 PM
Thank you BF and Developers for the simultaneous release!
And thanks--I didn't get anything done besides playing this game! Great game, great graphics and music. I love it!

emmyjayne wrote:
Rainbow722 wrote:Weren't the initials LTR in the secret room in Dire Grove?
My guess is Lighthouse To Ravenhearst for a name.

Also speculating that the next story will either feature Victor or his descendants as at the end of RTR, Victor got away in a machine labeled "2010"

I think it was LRL and not LTR.

You are correct! Darn--now have to rethink title (gets out dictionary, opens to "L" ....)

sea_maid wrote:
Rainbow722 wrote:

Also speculating that the next story will either feature Victor or his descendants as at the end of RTR, Victor got away in a machine labeled "2010"

So...according to you Victor will travel to the present day.Hmmm...perhaps someone will go investigating the area, and Charles will haunt the place?

Not so sure about the time period that it will be--just guessed that something about Victor would be the theme in the 2010 game! Charles is most assuredly gone and Victor escaped, so that would be where my idea came from.

eta extra words

Weren't the initials LTR in the secret room in Dire Grove?
My guess is Lighthouse To Ravenhearst for a name.

Can it be posted here? Or would that be wrong legally?

Welcome, Solice!

I'm ready whenever you are! Ok, I'm ready NOW! Will be anxious for your hints and comments. Hope you are ready to be surrounded by LOTS of fishies.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 10 10:09 PM
if they are incorrect, they will go blank when you put them in the slots. You can go back and print them again.

posted in Becky Brogan: The Mystery of Meane Manor on Oct 15, 10 12:31 PM
Bought this game as the DD today and it won't even open! I know I played it before as a demo! Wish I could find out what is happening lately as this is not the only game that won't play for me--but they have all been new games til now!

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on Oct 10, 10 5:38 PM
nan92399 wrote:Just downloaded the first dream chronicles. Stuck in the library in the in-laws house. have found all eight cards, now what do I do???????

Hi nan! Welcome to the pond! Your question would be better asked and possibly already answered in the game forum for that game, which is here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/238.page

There is a forum for every game on BF. If you click on "Find your game forum" on the right side of the page, you will get an alphabetical listing for all the games available on BF. Click on the game you need help with and it will take you to the exact forum for it.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Paradise Quest on Oct 8, 10 8:18 PM
Thanks all tor the reviews--I bought it and I love it!

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 8, 10 1:30 PM
Sure wish we could get this for the mac--also waiting for fishdom 2 to arrive for the mac. Please tell me they are coming! I would rather get them here than go to the developers site, but they do have mac versions available.

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 7, 10 7:38 AM
jddrn wrote:I have never bought any of the Fishdom games. If you were me, would you buy Fishdom2 or this 3pack holiday game? I do like a challenge as well as some relaxing fun.

Wow! tough choice--ALL the fishdom games are fun! Why not do the demo of both and then decide?

posted in Word Wizard Deluxe on Sep 25, 10 9:22 AM
I like this game. Will it be coming to the mac anytime? soon?

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 20, 10 4:06 PM
The coins that are covered in wax

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator