Posts created by Nortank

posted in Bad Dream: Coma on Nov 11, 17 6:17 AM
I used the remote on the car and crashed it. I can't find a crowbar. Love the graphics and could get into the game, if only I could get a bit further into it!

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Jun 1, 16 3:46 PM
Uncouth to reply to myself, but I found the hint inside the house in the garden.

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Jun 1, 16 3:42 PM
I have tried just about every possible word before the numbers and after, but nothing is right! Is there a hint somewhere? If not - somebody heeellllp!

posted in Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover on Feb 20, 16 1:59 PM
I have a technical issue and found others having the same in the tech issue forum, but the forum is locked - as are all but 2 of the threads! What on earth is going on????

Game was really slow motion for me as well. Hope they can make a fix.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 6, 13 5:40 AM
I played for 32 minutes and the game graphics glitched out on me 2 times. The game is charming, but the errors are unforgivable. No buy for me.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on May 7, 13 3:18 AM
You have to have both buttons before it works. There is a room where you have to do something, but it doesn't show on the map.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on May 6, 13 4:17 AM
I installed the game today and have the same issue with the cash register - I have the key and the clue says to put the key in the area where the keys are missing, but it won't stick.

posted in Project Moonwalk on May 1, 13 2:15 AM
Lousy graphics, slow animations - too much waiting and too little play. Incredibly slow game! An absolute NO BUY from me!

posted in Matchmaker: Curse of Deserted Bride on Mar 7, 13 1:22 PM
First of all, all this talk of an "occult theme" is going a bit far. The theme is a tragic love story and matchmaking. That the one thing to find a number of through the game is associated with the occult, doesn't make it a theme, in my mind. There is no hocus pocus or witches or cauldrons, just a thing to find.

I bought the game with a credit after having played the demo. Although there isn't a STRONG storyline, there is one, and it was nice to follow it to the end.

It took me 6-8 hours to play the whole thing, even though I skipped some of the minigames - which were VERY varied and most of which I enjoyed.

As many have said, this has been a lovely break from dark murder mysteries and the like. It kind of reminded me of Dream Day Wedding, in fact.

posted in Matchmaker: Curse of Deserted Bride on Mar 7, 13 12:44 PM
I will just say that there is a room upstairs. You get the up arrow when your mouse arrow is near the ceiling fan.

posted in Outta This Kingdom on Mar 6, 13 11:14 PM
Definitely not a buy for me. First of all, you can't queue actions, then you have to wait for dialogues all over the place - and then you sometimes have objects automatically available and at other times in the drawers and you have to go get them and place them into the right place. In general, TM games are carpal tunnel candidates, but this one twice as much.

posted in Green City on Feb 9, 13 6:58 AM
This game is okay. But that is it. It brings nothing new to the genre, so I will stick with similar games I already have in my collection.

posted in Airline Baggage Mania on Feb 5, 13 8:58 AM
I like to install games, I do not like to have to install a bunch of extra things. I said no to one and the second one failed. Game won't start. Closes down Game Manager, then nothing. One time, I got the Time Is Running Out window. Deleting.

posted in Grave Mania: Pandemic Pandemonium on Jan 29, 13 5:02 AM
When I saw this, I was thinking "Just another time management game, not gonna buy ANOTHER one!" That was then.

Now I am installing my bought game. This is just so quirky and works very well! The animations are fun and the story is entertaining. What can I say? It works for me!

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 13 4:29 AM
While I am activating the game, I will tell you why this was a buy for me. Basically, such a good game deserves the price I pay for a CE.

The graphics are good, the voices are very well done (I usually turn off voices), the games are just right, and I even experienced a new puzzle-solving method in the demo. I am not much into music, so I turned that off.

If there was one tiny thing I am not too fond of, is that lips and sound aren't synched. In fact, I suspect the actors are speaking a different language. No biggie - the actors, both voice and body, are good.

The story is interesting, and the quirky humour that is shown is right up my alley.

posted in Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 13 3:34 PM
Also cutting down on CE's.

One of my "things" is that I have a Wacom tablet that some games don't respond to. Strangely, because the tablet works everywhere else and in the majority of games. This game in no way responded to my pen movements or clicks - so no buy for me. I am fed up having to mouse at everything, when I have this wonderful pen that helps me avoid carpal tunnel.

posted in Panda Gourmet on Jan 8, 13 2:36 AM
Game board is tiny, music annoying and sounds squeeky and also annoying. This is NOT a cooking game at all! It is a match 3. In comparison to Fishdom, this game is really not worth a purchase!

posted in Ancient Rome 2 on Jan 7, 13 3:01 AM
Graphics - nothing special
Navigation - no grab-and-drag - just out to the edges
Zoom in/out - not that I could see
Carpal tunnel factor - high! - you have to put out fires by superclicking on the house involved.

I played 25 minutes - exited and deleted the game after the first round to have fires. There are so many similar games on here already with better graphics and game-play.

posted in Ancient Rome 2 on Jan 7, 13 2:58 AM
Carpal tunnel time - clickety click click.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator