Posts created by yourshannygirl

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Nov 21, 12 5:33 PM
eigus wrote:i am almost done with the game and am trying to find the last crystal for the crown when the game shut down and when i tried to start again i press continue the game shuts down again please fix it

This describes to a T (exactly) what has happened when I played the game! I got to the same place and the same exact thing happens when I click on "Continue"! I have Uninstalled and Reinstalled the game x2 and it continues to shut down the game when I click on "Continue" to try to get back into the game.

posted in Alexander the Great: Secrets of Power on Nov 21, 12 10:31 AM
Have been enjoying this game today. So glad it was a soft release. What a great little game along with the TGT as well and the regular game. I'm in IHOG heaven!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:57 PM
Hi Cyndo123 no, I don't know how to lock the inventory bar in place. I do know what you mean though. Sometimes, I felt like I wanted to also when I played, LOL!

Hi, hogs2play4ever. When I played there were 2 torn pages and since I don't know which one you have I'll just tell you where both of them go and you can decide which one you have.

SPOILER ALERT!: (highight to read)

One torn page went in the teacher's house in the book on the indian tribe. The second torn page went in the library in the reference book in the back room of the library.

End of Spoiler! Hope that helps!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:31 PM
I have to say that while I am a huge fan of MCF that my response to the bonus content for this game being a collector's Edition is also "Is that it?" as well. I don't mean it to be rude but that's my candid response. MCF is the treat of the year for me! I look forward to it ALL YEAR LONG and this was a let down in the bonus content department.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the film about the "making of" and all the extra's but the extras are a given with any CE, but a bonus game is a given as well. I was so looking forward to that and I feel let down paying extra money to have it early. I feel like those who wait for a SE are not missing out on much.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:18 AM
I had an issue when I was at the school house and I had just gotten the name "SAM" on the swing and I went to go look on the lockers to find the name...I clicked on the lockers and I got the square where you should have seen lockers "pop up" in the screen, but no lockers, just about only 5 names showed up but NO LOCKERS like I said 5 names showed up and a few things that were in the lockers and I couldn't click on anything. I kept exiting out of that scene and reclicking and getting the same thing. The thing that solved it was to exit out of the game completely and go back in. Then and only then could I see the lockers with Sam's name on it and click on his locker to get whatever I needed out of it and continue on with the game.

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 17, 12 10:07 AM
What a great game with a fabulous little twist at the end there! I am not going to say any more because I don't want to spoil the plot line for anyone else but it was worth it and I am so glad I got the game! I enjoyed it and even though the HO's did not have any interaction elements to them it was kind of pleasant being able to race through them to get on with the story! I have to say I am still reeling from the end! LOL! You just have to play the game to find out! MWAH HA HA HA HAHA!!!!!

posted in Inception of Darkness: Exorcist 3 on Nov 13, 12 9:26 AM
Thank you for your question and your answer! I had the exact same problem so I am glad you said something because it helped me when I was stuck.

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River on Oct 28, 12 1:00 PM
So glad to see this little gem out today! Snatched it right up! What a treat!

posted in The Game of Life ® on Oct 24, 12 6:38 AM
I really "wanted" to like this game since I enjoyed playing this game as a child. There is an option to play it by yourself against the game with another player and the game will "Fast Forward" through the other player's moves.
I had to delete the game after 32 minutes. I found the music annoying and the honking of the cars when EVER they passed each other annoying. Now I know you can turn the sound down on any game and many people do on their game. I just got bored with it after a half an hour and I couldn't see me pulling the game out to play for fun later.
If you really like or liked this game be sure to try it for yourself first. I did enjoy seeing the cars and all the nostalgic things about the game but I got bored!

I found all 60 of the strawberries too and thought the strawberry book that unlocked was empty too. Just like someone else said if you click on the lower right part of the right page you can turn each page and read a story.

Yes you're right the bonus game is unlocked after finishing the regular game. All the strawberries do is unlock the strawberry book, if you'd like to read the story in that book.

posted in Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes on Oct 20, 12 10:33 AM
Found an Easter Egg in the game on a walkthrough on YouTube! Highlight to read if you want to know what it is. Otherwise you can figure it out on your own, if you want to do that. For those of you that don't know what an Easter Egg is it is an added surprise or bonus game HIDDEN within a game that is not obvious. For instance in HOG's or IHOG's or Nancy Drew games there are usually lots of puzzles and games within the game to do but are not considered Easter Eggs. Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition was the first game I personally came across that had Easter Eggs and if you go to that game's forum thread you will find a post thread in that forum that talks about the Easter Eggs in that particular game.
Highlight:
Okay so the Easter Egg is: When you are in Alexie's antique shop there is a number's game on the counter. You can just play it regular to find the number's 1-41 as fast as you can to beat the previous time. The EASTER EGG comes in when you find the prime number's...you know, 1,3, 5, 7, 11, 13.... on thru 41 and you get each prime number then you get an actual EASTER EGG in that character that is "taking over the case" inventory. So if Ned Nickerson is playing and is in the antique shop he gets the Easter Egg (duh!) and if It's Nancy she gets it, etc...etc...
If you find anymore Easter Eggs let me know, but so far think this is the only one.

posted in Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes on Oct 20, 12 7:26 AM
I'm so glad to see a "New" (I know it's over a year old, but it's new to BigFish Games today) ND game today!!! YAY! This one looks like a fun one from the trailer I've seen at the dev's site on YouTube.
Thanks!
ETA: I too had a game credit saved and it's a good thing. I didn't realize that this game is $9.99 and not the regular $6.99 and with my game credit it was "free" whereas with one of my Coupon Codes it had $2.99 leftover. Thank heavens for that Credit!

I have the other two games in the series as well. I just read a thread in the CCC about how today's TGT was rather lackluster and using today's game (THIS game) as the example of how CE's should be of a different caliber...a better caliber than this particular game and many games of late. I could have commented there but my point would have taken away from what that fishy that was posting was trying to say. I used to be one of those fishies that could buy whatever CE I could and I listened, with empathy (I know, I know I read it I didn't LISTEN but just go with the flow here) about how others would complain about either having to wait for the SE or the SE wasn't as good when it finally came out or whatever. Now that I am poverty-stricken I am relying solely on PCC's and waiting for SE's to come out and it is dissapointing to wait but I was secretly glad to hear that CE's are just like the SE's now I just wish the waiting wasn't as long because (and what does this have to do with this game?) I LOVE Shadow Wolf Mysteries series and so now maybe I only feel like I'm missing half as much. Oh, I don't know I'm rambling but thanks for listening and please be Kind if you decide to reply to this. I do understand what it feels like to be on both sides of the coin now and if I had the money I liked the game the least little bit I would have paid extra to have the CE. I can't even torture myself with the demo since I love this series so much I don't torture myself with any CE demoes anymore because I can't afford them and I hate having to wait for the SE.
That is all!
I'll just wait!

posted in Hidden Mysteries®: Gates of Graceland® on Oct 13, 12 5:53 AM
Reading all these comments is a lot of fun. I was never really an Elvis fan. He was WAYYYYY before my time. I have enjoyed and had fun with some of his songs and have always wanted to see Graceland so it's interesting how folks that have been to Graceland are saying it is pretty accurate. I think I'll download this and at least give it a try. I was the youngest of a whole slew of kids so my Dad could've been my grandpa, if ya know what I mean. It was my Dad that was the Elvis fan in our house growing up. I liked the Bay City Rollers when I was 11 and Depeche Mode when I was in college but Elvis is quite an Icon still!

ETA: Okay I came back to add that I tried this game and I really, really tried to like it. I think that anything Elvis just PERSONALLY makes me so SAD because the most monumental thing about his life was death and the way he died, no direspect to him at all. BUT I was about 7 when that happened and my Mom sat me down and told me how that man that I thought was rather unattractive and couldn't understand why people went wild changed music in her day and how he got involved in things he shouldn't and explained all THAT to me and so as I am playing the game and trying really hard to enjoy the beautiful Graceland Mansion Grounds via the game I just got sadder and sadder til I started to cry and I had to just delete the game. I can't play it. It's not for me. The younger, happier Elvis was never a part of my life due to the fact of when I was born and I just can't TRY and make it that way. I just remember the signifance of his DEATH and my mom explaining how bad drugs were for me and and that they could kill me and I was 7 and it really SUNK IN because I"ve never tried drugs so I owe that to Elvis Presley. Thank you for being a good example of how not to be and I mean that with all due respect, but I just can't play the game. It made me depressed and then the tears.

posted in Dark Arcana: The Carnival on Oct 10, 12 8:29 AM
xxybcc wrote:I bought this without even trying it. It is an awesome game! Even better we can use coupon codes if we have them. Hopefully yourshannygirl see's this and uses one of the codes generous fishies gave her. I am off to finish playing. It is a very fun. Thanks developer and thanks BF! FYI: I love this developer.

LOL! Yes, Shanny did see this post! LOL! I had already used one of the codes that a very generous fish in the pond had given me to purchase it! Maybe I will play it today to get my mind off my troubles! You fishies are wonderful! LOL!

ETA: I finished the game after 5 and 1/2 hours and thoroughly enjoyed the great graphics and storyline. I was thoroughly engrossed in that storyline. I am a hint user so those hints on the casual side of things worked fine for me.

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Aug 7, 12 7:23 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi yourshannygirl,
Did you "understand" the ending?

You getting my drift DragonLadyOz? LOL! OMG I did not understand the ending. I think that it is something that is closely tied to folklore of another country that may make sense to them but it made absolutely no sense to me. I think that there was an Idiom like "It was the straw that broke the camel's back" or something like that but it needed to be SAID in the story Not that the idiom or what ever I am using would be the example used in the story it just that something needed to be explained better because it made no sense to me.

Oh good, I wouldn't want to get egg on my face as the only one to not understand the break in the story.
Cheers

No, no you are definately not alone in that and I found the ending quite splintered. Wouldn't you say?

You're clutching at straws now.

I suppose I am while things just seem to crumble around me!

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Aug 7, 12 6:03 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:

You getting my drift DragonLadyOz? LOL! OMG I did not understand the ending. I think that it is something that is closely tied to folklore of another country that may make sense to them but it made absolutely no sense to me. I think that there was an Idiom like "It was the straw that broke the camel's back" or something like that but it needed to be SAID in the story Not that the idiom or what ever I am using would be the example used in the story it just that something needed to be explained better because it made no sense to me.

Oh good, I wouldn't want to get egg on my face as the only one to not understand the break in the story.
Cheers

No, no you are definately not alone in that and I found the ending quite splintered. Wouldn't you say?

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Aug 7, 12 5:35 PM

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Aug 7, 12 4:48 PM
Well, I used a free credit and got it since I had no problems and I finished the whole game. I have to say once they fix this game for those that are having problems it is worth a DD or something. I mean I did play it all day due to the fact that there was so much of it that I just didn't get and in the end I was like "WHAAAAATTT???" "So that's how that happened and how and WHY??????" LOL! If this doesn't make sense and it's too vague it's because I'm trying to leave out too many spoilers.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator