Posts created by Slavicdiva

posted in Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition on Jan 2, 18 6:08 PM
Well, that was special - and not in a good way.

I finished the main game last night, but needed to head off to bed since I had to go back to work today.

I got home from work and thought I'd play the Bonus Game.

In Game Manager, I click "play," it makes the "bloop" sound, and nothing happens. I did remember that this game loaded slowly yesterday, but this time, it didn't load at all. Then I got the Dreaded Error 809, telling me a game is already running.

No, it's not.

Task Manager does not see it running. It is not minimized to the taskbar. It is not freaking running.

I restarted my machine and tried again. Same result. Tried once more. Same result.

I have now wasted an hour of my gaming time trying to get this game to load, so that I can finish it. Guess not. On to something else.

More and more, there always seem to be issues with games that won't load or are otherwise unplayable. Might be time to find a new hobby.

posted in Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 11:44 AM
I have this same issue. Fix, please!

Same boat here - I run out of time right about when I get the red key. So frustrating! Any help would be appreciated!

posted in Gnomes Garden: Halloween on Oct 27, 17 5:30 PM
I finally got it, after 2 nights of trying. I had 4 workers (2 from each building), and wood, food & stone buildings upgraded to max. You only need Level 1 of the crystal mine, and you can build it when you're just about to upgrade your last building (for me, that was the stone quarry).

I only had 1 Merrymaker, and I alternated him between the available buildings. Always keep him busy!

I got gold with just seconds to spare. Good luck!

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 17 7:28 PM
I spent most of this evening trying to get gold time on this level, and I don't even come close. I either don't get enough gold fast enough to buy all the ore needed to upgrade the lighthouses, or I don't have enough food to run the windmill. Since buying the ore eats up so much gold, I'm nowhere near the total required to complete the level goals.

I followed the in-game strategy guide, but still am not close to gold time.

Has anyone gotten gold on this level? HOW? As ever, I appreciate any help you can give me!

posted in Wedding Salon 2 on Feb 17, 17 7:04 PM
I am very disappointed in the issues with this game. Like many others, I am playing on Windows 10.

On the first set of levels, the game crashed after every level. I kept playing.

It stopped crashing after every level after about Level 6. I then had intermittent issues with it crashing.

Now I am at Japan Level 6 (Level 86), and it crashes every time it tries to load the level. I get past the "shopping" screen, the level starts to load, and crashes. Every. Single. Time.

I have tried running in Windows 8 Compatibility mode, and also Windows Vista (SP2). I am going to try uninstalling & reinstalling the game.

I am a long-time Big Fish member - probably 10+ years, and I have never had a game perform so poorly. The developers need to fix this ASAP!

EDITED TO ADD: Uninstalling/reinstalling the game fixed the issue I was having with Level 86. The game still should not crash.

posted in Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition on Sep 17, 16 10:21 AM
I finished the main game last night, and went to start the bonus game just now. I got the access violation.

Honestly, I didn't like the game that much, so I'm deciding whether to uninstall/reinstall, or just uninstall. Seriously.

I am also stuck on the sick guy in the bonus game. Rebooting my machine did not help.

Windows 10, never had a problem with an Eipix game before. Very disappointed.

posted in Pirate Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 15, 16 4:22 PM
Has anyone gotten 3 stars on the Treasury Defense mini-game? I never seem to have the right cannons in the right places!

Appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Yes - really, really hated it!

GAAH! After you align the rings, you have to click & drag the colored balls (on the arrows) from the outside to the center. That part was left out of the instructions.

I really hate it when that happens.

posted in Dark Romance: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 15 3:37 PM
Figured it out - In case anyone else is having trouble finding it, go to Main Menu, select Play - the reset option is there. I was trying to do it from the Extras menu.

posted in Dark Romance: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 15 3:34 PM
How do you reset the bonus chapter?

posted in Incredible Dracula: Chasing Love Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 15 5:35 PM
I have the same issue as Badat - 3 gold stars on every level, no trophy.

Also, I know I used tons of the bonuses, since some of the levels are impossible without them - so I fail to see how I didn't use 3 on a level. Especially the later levels where I used the "level everything up," "auto-collect resources" and "extra resource" bonuses!

Wonder what is up with those trophies?

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 15 2:52 PM
HAH! Figured it out. I forgot you can "X" stuff off your tray, and the task is to "create" (not "serve") 40 sugary snacks. So fill up & x-off the sugary snacks until you hit 40.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 15 2:43 PM
Has anyone got a strategy for serving 40 sugary snacks on this level? I have tried different combinations of food, toys, etc. and I don't get anywhere near 40.

If there is a trash can for getting rid of unwanted food items, I haven't found it.

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!

I'm also having the issue with Benjamin's Office minimizing itself to a 1/4-screen rectangle, which then keeps me from progressing in the game.

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Fix, please. Very disappointing.

posted in Weather Lord: The Successor's Path on Apr 10, 15 5:35 PM
For 22, here is how I got gold:

Pick up the stuff on the way to the farther of the 2 building spots. Build a house. pick u the last of the resources laying around. Have each guy pick a grain patch, and build a mill.

While one guy is building the mill, have the other one chop wood. Upgrade the house when you can, then the mill. Get a total of 5 wood (you will need to water the trees once). When you have 5 grain, build the statue. Hire 2 warriors, then build the gate. Meanwhile, keep picking & milling the grain.

This next part was frustrating, since my workers would rather yodel than work. Send your warriors to beat up the enemy guys - make one of them a Sun Warrior. Build the altar. Focus on destroying the enemy strongholds - you don't need to build anything else. When you have destroyed all the enemy camps, click on the left of the 2 blue globe things. The gate will open and you can get the artifact out of the chest.

Hope this helps!

posted in The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest on Feb 1, 15 11:19 AM
Thank you, elizaew - after something like 2 weeks, and a whole lot of cussin' and fussin', your tips helped me finally get 3 stars on this dratted level.

I like TM games a lot, and I play a lot of them. However, a level this difficult, this early on in the game, greatly diminishes both my enjoyment of the game and my desire to play later levels.

For me, more difficult and/or no margin for error does not necessarily mean better. YMMV.

OK, on to Level 22. Thanks again!

posted in The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest on Jan 18, 15 9:49 PM
Got 3 stars on this one. I used only the "freeze time" bonus until the very end, when I used "run faster" once. Make sure you have the wood gloves equipped on your character.

The key is to make your way to the barrels of fish. Don't do anything extraneous that will require using food until you are 100% sure you can get to the next barrel. Pick up resources, but don't mine stone, break stalactites or fill cracks unless you are sure you can get to the next barrel.

I started off making my way right toward the first fish barrel, picking up resources - then down and left towards the gold mine. I upgraded the tent first, then built the mine. Don't upgrade the gold mine yet. Make sure to pick up the gold every time the mine produces - you need 5 gold for every stalactite.

Make your way down toward the idol head - stop at the crack you have to fill. Continue to make your way right toward the second fish barrel. Don't clear anything you don't have to, until you are sure you can get to the barrel.

Once you have the 2nd barrel, make your way down & left to the 3rd barrel. Don't clear anything toward the exit point past the fork until you are sure you can get to the 3rd barrel - when you are sure you will have enough food to get to the 3rd barrel, upgrade the gold mine first, then clear those areas that you left in order to save food to get to the next barrel.

I left the crystals for nearly last - you only need them to offer to the idol. Focus first on getting what you need to make it to the next fish barrel, then come back for the other items later.

You will use every resource on this level - all the wood, all the gold. Try not to ever let a worker be idle!

Hope this helps!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator