Posts created by dashwood95

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms on Apr 13, 14 4:09 PM
The demo played fine, but after paying for the full version it's now slow as all get out. Even gave me a message saying it may run slow. Very disappointing, but I'm muddling through.

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Dec 4, 12 6:18 PM
Thakns bfgMOnongahela, but I posted to see if any other users are experiencing this same issue only.

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Dec 4, 12 1:24 PM
Guess I'm the odd man out so to speak because my game shuts down. I got to the gallery where you show her the paint chips, and she spills her guts that she was there then BAM. Game closes. I reload the game, and as soon as I get back to that scene it shut down again.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 19, 12 8:35 AM
You make the potion in her bedroom after collecting four ingredients.

posted in Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession on Aug 4, 12 6:02 PM
Breezeie66 wrote:I assume I finished the game today.
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

There was the end cut scene and then my screen went blank and took me to the menu screen. I wasn't sure what had happened so I clicked PLAY and was told thank you for playing our game. Say What????

If this was the ending, then it is a sad state of affairs when you have no idea your game is over.

Hear hear Breezie. This just happened to me, and I was very disappointed! Great game up until then.

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope on Jul 17, 12 11:18 AM
Gets a bit tedious after awhile, but you tell yourself the ending is worth it...only it's not. It's not as bad as many, but it's dullsville. You go through all that trouble to get a 15 second ending with not even as good of graphics as they had throughout the game.

Wish I hadn't bought, but oh well. If you don't mind a bad ending there are enough puzzles and going back and forth to keep you busy for a while.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward on Jul 15, 12 4:41 PM
It was ok. Nice to see a different bit of gameplay from the first two games, but the ending was very subpar.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show on Jul 8, 12 7:20 AM
Good ol' update your drivers routine...Though that completely disregards our point that the same game at a CE runs fine. BFG it is not our drivers.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show on Jul 6, 12 7:32 PM
Seems to be a variety of errors then since some of us got it to load but with elements showing only as white boxes while others got errors trying to load. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not in the mood to do another Felix report. I think I'll just delete the game for now. It wasn't so fabulous that I can't wait for a patch or report.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show on Jul 6, 12 9:18 AM
Make that three of us. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted. No dice. CE worked fine, and I just loaded it up again to make sure nothing changed which it didn't.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel on Jun 18, 12 1:14 PM
Another one with really not much of an ending. Okay game otherwise. I found some of the puzzles more annoying and time consuming than fun though.

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose on Jun 18, 12 9:20 AM
Add one more to the hated the ending group. I can't believe developers stop like that. It's not even that it's a cliffhanger. It just stopped! No credits even, and how often do you see that? No, this was a bad ending.

posted in County Fair on Jun 11, 12 1:08 PM
Place large/medium rides at the gate area. Don't bother with any small or even the cheaper med/large rides until later. Place funnel cakes or sausage and peppers as your first stand.

RAISE admissions around day2 to 7 dollars each for everyone but seniors. Only lower to 1 dollar when you are within 10grand of the 100grand AND not more than 1/3 of the way through the current day....IE meaning you have time to get the 10grand before the day is out.

Keep on top of your in game messages (broken rides, etc.) Less incidences = less loss in popularity.

Also, and probably the biggest thing I found. Immediately hire at least 2 workers (I would actually go with atleast 3) from each category and lower their daily salary to $1. They will complain. Deny the raise for each as it happens (they will be in quick succession). If you have 2, 1 quits. Let them fine you the whopping $2. You won't have enough money at this point (if you've bought 75 power and built one big ride) so it's important you still have at least one worker remaining because you'll go red fast and not be able to hire for a few minutes. They only ask for the raise once, so now you can hire as many as you want for $1 for the whole rest of the fair. I think this trick was what made the difference because I was able to get everything done halfway through day 6 where on my first try I was closing out day 9 with only 70some grand.

posted in County Fair on Jun 11, 12 1:03 PM
Went back and beat last fair just to finish. Taking great pleasure in uninstalling the game now!

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper on Jun 8, 12 11:07 AM
I played through in under 90 minutes, but it was on relaxed.

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on May 31, 12 1:09 PM
Me three daisy et al. I would even go so far as to say that the voiceovers (this actor in particular) drove me up a wall. I didn't care about 3 minutes in whether people saved the day or evil won out. 9 minutes (about 6 of that actually playing), and I deleted it. No buy for me at any price.

posted in County Fair on May 26, 12 7:36 AM
I found it got more boring as the levels progressed. I was just sitting there waiting for money to pile up and making small tweaks or responding to the park issues. That's not a fun game. I'm sorry I bought it.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Apr 15, 12 2:21 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't care for the ending. It was so abrupt after all you went through to get there, and it made no sense. White text below..

Someone explain to me why the twin brother is like "Hey we got revenge" but it only looks like the unknowing doctor you play as was there when the cops/helicopter arrived. It happened in such a split second that I was like "did I miss it??"

Kudos for an involved story, but that ending was total crap. Some writer just said "I feel like stopping now so the end."

posted in Hidden Mysteries®: Return to Titanic on Apr 15, 12 7:37 AM
I'm going to have to disagree. I felt that the items were often too small and too well blended with the background (in the deep water HOGs).

The story is quite intriguing though. It's a different twist so that I like. Not an immediate buy for me, but something to consider next month or next sale. I just found those items too irritatingly small.

posted in Small Town Terrors: Livingston on Mar 21, 12 2:32 PM
Bit the bullet and bought it even though I was torn for all the reasons you guys mentioned.

I liked the game but did not love it. The colors were off at times, but I could accept that since it was someone's "artistic" approach. The HOS weren't too interesting, just a junkpile really.

I found the "zombies" not that threatening either, and I questioned how we got into a building by repeatedly going past them or how we turned on music yet no one came to find us? I don't want to be too spoilerish, but I do think that it should have had a few more jolts in it.

The ending was predictable and disappointing too. I did like that you had to get your health up too when the game first started, but that too became old fast.

And I would have liked more story on what exactly happened. Course maybe I would have been too bored at points to read it anyway.

This game is a solid 2 out of 5, maybe 2.5. It's decent and worth a discount price, but I am sorry I paid the full $6.99 game club price for it. I realize that is still cheap, but it's simply my opinion.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator