Posts created by Rainbow722

Another mac user with the same problem at the safe. *sigh* Have contacted tech support and urge those who have not to do so in order for them to know how much of a problem it is.

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 16, 10 5:16 PM
LoveYa24 wrote:I played for about 7 minutes and stopped to check the forum to see if I was the only one thinking the objects were too small and hard to find. From reading others posts, I am not.

I am also a bit tired of most HOGs starting out with trying to get into the front door of a house.

No buy for me. Sorry.

LOL--she didn't try to get in the front door! Got in thru a door that had always been off-limits to her!

I like the game and once I got used to how this game's graphics are, didn't have too much trouble finding items, even with my old eyes.

Only thing that i felt was annoying was that you have to keep clicking "continue," "OK", etc instead of just clicking anywhere.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 6, 10 6:41 AM
elizclayton wrote:Same cursor issues here also. My PC is all up to date too and I already did the Dr Felix thing when I had an issue playing "Echoes..."

Same here--all my drivers & programs are updated, new video card that resolved other game issues. My pc above requirements & BF wasn't able to find a reason why "Echoes..." wouldn't play, so I am afraid to buy this one though I wanted to as it looks like a great game and I wanted to get it at the sale price too!

Same jerky cursor, trouble with really slow movements & inventory problems.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Aug 23, 10 7:14 PM
This game will not even start up for me! Same as the ce. I click play now, in a minute the screen flashes black then I get the "thank you for playing" screen and am offered the chance to play again--"you have 60 minutes remaining".

I was having a problem with games not running for me, so I installed a new video card and all the games I couldn't play before play fine, except this one and the ce of this one!

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Aug 19, 10 10:03 AM
Some things are fractured into too many pieces, but all in all a great game and a very light-hearted fun atmosphere!

Love it!

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 19, 10 9:34 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Sounds like the fans will like this one. But I couldn't see half the items at all. Glad the hint fills up quickly!!
Maybe at 2.99....or maybe not.
Not a bad game, but not for me.
You all enjoy!

I agree w/you spiritdog, but it looks like we are in the minority I found many items hard to see. Also, I found the entrances/exits from the areas way too irritating with the pulsing glowing bit.

posted in El Sello Magico: The False Heiress on Aug 3, 10 5:25 AM
I Agree: Stunning graphics, wasted on boring game play,

Sounds like I was lucky to play with sounds off (lol).

Annoying: The bright flashing.of the next point on the drawings...duh...we couldn't figure out the next point in the line?

Should probably be categorized as puzzle rather than match 3, although not very puzzling after you get the basic configuration that you play over and over. Kept waiting for it to get more involved, but didn't in the 43 minutes I lasted.

posted in The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery on Jul 31, 10 2:43 AM
ditto--white screen & frozen game at the put the treasures in the chests on BOTH of my computers

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 24, 10 11:26 AM
VERY disappointed with this game--was looking forward to it when I saw it, but will not be buying it for all the reasons already listed here.

Definitely another vote for the WORST HOG EVER!

Can't play--when I click to play, the screen goes black, then I get the desktop back and the "Thank you for playing" on the game manager. This is the forth game in recent months that does that for me. All my drivers are up-2-date, java etc all have most recent version.

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 22, 10 9:15 AM
EXCELLENT!! Great game. Terrific graphics, not too much or too little story. Really good voice actors.

I agree with poodlebear that Edward Blackgate"s voice did not match the image, but that is not a complaint, just a comment lol.

I hope we will be hearing the stories of others in Blackgate's cemetery! from

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 8, 10 6:56 PM
After I finished finding the items, playing the game, unlocking Poseidon"s chains, and got the first piece of the trident, I tried to exit the area to find the rest of the pieces of the trident, and got this message: "The exit from Poseidon's Kingdom closed for some reason". I can't find anything I didn't do/find in the area and have clicked on the screen everywhere looking for something to no avail.

The only thing it shows that I need is Poseidon's trident. I am at a loss about what to do next and couldn't find any answers in walk-through or forums.

Any ideas anyone?

posted in Shutter Island on Mar 8, 10 6:23 AM
I have a 3.0 Ghz processor, 2.5 GB RAM, running xp home sp3. I downloaded/installed w/o problems, played the first 20 min. When I went back to finish the trial, all I saw was the loading (VERY SLOWLY) bar. I used up, in 3 tries all the rest of my trial time. Too bad, as it seemed like a pretty good game.

I decided not to contact tech support about this game after reading here in the forums that the game developer "...indicated they were not going to change it for technical reasons." (re picman050967 on 2/13/10). Well, fishies, there are LOTS of other games in the pond that that have game developers that care about our game experience with their games--as far as I am concerned, this one can go belly-up and float away!,

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 24, 10 5:39 PM
I was attracted to the graphics in this game and then disappointed by the game. I will not buy this game for all the reasons stated above (bribling did the best job of summing up the problems with it), The too small, too hidden objects, the large clunky cursor with low tolerance for clicking on such small items was the worst. What a shame, as it has the makings of a good game but gone awry.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 19, 10 3:17 PM
I am having a problem with the game crashing in the first room when I click on the sparkling area. Actually, it crashes my computer and forces it to restart, so it is not just the game crashing.

I have contacted customer service and all my programs, drivers, etc are up-to-date and deleting the files they suggested did not work, so I will not be able to even play this game--bummer, it looks like fun!

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 19, 10 3:13 PM
Emilyette wrote:I have downloaded the game 3 times and when I open it, it opens partly to the right. The left part of my screen is black and some of the scene is off my monitor to the right, so I
can't get past the first scene. It looks like a good game, how do I fix this issue?

I have found one of these two things work most of the time:

1--use the auto-adjust feature on your monitor or

2--go to options in game, change to windowed mode, then switch back to full screen

good luck & happy gaming!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Feb 13, 10 9:29 AM
I agree it is the BEST game ever! I bought it when it first came out and have played thru about 5 or 6 times---and working on it again now.The MCF games are all excellent and the best of their kind but RTR is the best of the best! (Sorry Dire Grove CE--but you are #2 )

posted in 1001 Nights: The Adventures of Sindbad on Jan 30, 10 1:28 PM
Not buying this game. Sparkles too early, too many--who wants someone telling you "Now over here..then here....now here..etc"? It is like a constant tutorial, or someone playing over your shoulder.

Graphics: scenes beautiful. Unfortunately, objects either stand out like sore thumb or (mostly) so small you cannot see them. (Didn't actually see any of the gem parts, just searched for the part of picture shown as hint--should have been marked "find this area" rather than find gem parts.)

The bug collection was a nice touch, but markings on containers not always clearly seen.

Disappointed to not like the game, as the overall look of it is good.Three of us played the demo at the same time, on separate computers, and we were all relieved when the demo ended.

posted in Hidden Secrets: The Nightmare on Jan 24, 10 10:17 AM

Bought this game for $2.99 without playing the demo because I love HOGs. Big mistake! It is much more of a puzzle/adventure game than HOG, The scenes are so dark that even with brightness turned all the way up on a fairly large screen monitor, they are hard to see. And the objects are small, often unclear what they are, so it is strictly a guessing game to figure out what to do with them--not too hard, however as everything is marked with sparkles. Penalty clicks for scenes like this is not a good idea either.

This game is more like an outline of what could have been a good HOG than a real HOG. The storyline is interesting. The games are interesting, but too many; although it may not be if there were more actual hidden object scenes there.

And make the timer optional. IMHO, timers should be optional in almost every game--I play games to relax, not beat the timer. I often have to leave a game quickly for a minute or two. Also, leaving my cursor in place is helpful, but can't do that if I have to pause a game.

Altogether, a $2.99 loss.

I have found a solution for the game not opening that works for me. It is posted here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/75411.page#1397360

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator