Posts created by MarcyMM

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 3, 13 4:53 PM
I was up to level 17 and all of a sudden today the game decided to start from scratch. Extremely annoying but I reminded myself it's just a free game, and gamely started over.

Did all the things you do in the first levels then exited like I always have.

Went back and now we're back to square one. Again.

I've looked at all the threads where people had great tips on backing up and other things, but frankly that's all over my head.

Is something going on and will there be a fix?

This was my nice little distraction that I was really enjoying.

Not going to freak out too bad over a free game, but would be nice if we could find out if it's a known thing and there will be a solution.

Thanks,

Marcy

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 3, 13 4:27 PM
Yeah, I lost everything today. My computer didn't crash. Just went in to check on things and all of a sudden I was started over from the beginning!

I'm trying to remind myself that it's just a game but this blows! lol

Unfortunately, this is the first Redemption Cemetery game I won't be purchasing. Like the others, I was really put-off by the raven charge-up situation. Not only tedious, but boring. After the first couple of tries with the first 2 elements, I just waited for the skip button to charge up so I could proceed. Took me out of the game, even if it was brief.

The 'extras' as far as finding the medals for your puppy: there was nothing to "find," they're right smack where you need to be anyway so no challenge there. Then it was well, what do I get for "finding" them? Not much, it turns out. The first set allows you to make toys for your pup (and subsequently earn a couple of trophies) by putting puzzle pieces together. Another set finished earns you the opportunity to play tic tac toe. No thanks. Cute puppy though.

I really enjoyed the others in the series, which normally puts me well into the buy mode before the demo even. Unfortunately, this one just had too many cons.

But, that's why we demo, right?

(edited for grammar)

posted in Fear for Sale: Nightmare Cinema Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 13 3:50 PM
I made it through the entire game, including bonus having missed one changing object. I'm pretty sure I know where I missed it - very early in the game, the theater lobby hidden object scene. I even started over under a new name and tried it again. Still couldn't find it. Found it on the second run, but not the first one.

Also found all the collectibles but one in the bonus section.

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on Apr 5, 13 5:12 PM
Thank you for the replies, sorry to ask then abandon! I ended up replaying the level and made it all the way through. Now, level 4 on the other hand....

I can't believe I bought this game again. I "hated" the first one!

Stubborn and hard-headed, that's me! (or maybe just a glutton for punishment)

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on Apr 2, 13 5:49 PM
I can't seem to end the level. It looks like I've completed all my goals (minus 1 secret), there's a runaway bride I can't talk to and I'm just spinning in circles. What am I missing?

posted in Ballad of Solar on Mar 27, 13 5:14 PM
I downloaded the trial and it took forever to activate so I closed my Game Manager. When I opened it back up it said my trial had expired!

posted in The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen on Feb 24, 13 8:44 AM
The premise of the game is great, I very much enjoyed it. Beware - it is extremely short. About an hour and a half - no joke.

posted in The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen on Feb 24, 13 8:42 AM
Completely agree. Glad I only spent $2.99 on it. Still wish I hadn't spent anything though.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 10:22 AM
I say get rid of the live actors altogether. I just don't think they add to the game experience. And I'm not technically smart by any means, but couldn't the live acting possibly mean people with older systems might not be able to play? That's just a total guess on my part.

Just so sad over losing this tiny holiday tradition. :-(

Dial it a few steps back, please.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 10:13 AM
I feel like we're all witnessing the end of an era. This is the first MCF game I won't be buying. First time it's taken me, what, 3 days since the release to even try it.

I've disliked the live acting since 13 Skulls, but I can choke that down for the sake of MCF quality in other areas. This was just not the case here. Leah Thompson was way too over the top, cringeworthy. Maybe even a little unintended insulting?

MCF has succeeded for so long based on games like Madame Fate and Ravenhearst. I remember giving my opinion (when asked) about moving away from that direction being a bad idea.

Go back to your roots! Like someone upthread said brilliantly: "If I wanted to watch a video I'd rent one!"

In fact, I might just download Madame Fate and the first Ravenhearst again so I can remember again how great these games once were.

I'm sure this game took a lot to make and a lot of skill was put into it, not trying to discount developers' smarts or abilities - but clearly your audience has been trying to tell you what they want for a while now (for the last 3 games) and it's apparently falling on deaf ears.

Maybe this game is more about trying to win industry awards? I dunno, I'm still loyal to BFG, think they're a great gaming company, but I am done with MCF. And very sad about it.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 24, 12 6:52 AM
I just can't seem to strategize this one. Any help from the expert fishies is appreciated!

There's cake and coffee in it for ya:

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 18, 12 4:08 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will try it!

This game is driving me nuts, I have a pinched nerve from stressing and playing but I can't stop!

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 17, 12 11:00 AM
How do you get $300,000?

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 16, 12 2:55 PM
Hopelessly stuck on non-expert level 26 too.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 10, 12 7:17 AM
Any tips? I just cannot make it through this level.

ANY help is appreciated. I think my timer is on super-extra fast.

Thanks!

Can't finish here either. Stuck on the shovel. I am in no mood to start over.

This is the second CE I've bought that has had an issue like this.

I'm in no mood to download Dr. Felix either.

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 12 4:33 PM
Thanks again, Elijah. Don't know why this is a problem for some and not others.

I've started to go back again in Casual Mode to make extra, extra sure I didn't miss anything.

Not sure how I could, I've been playing these games for years. Between the SG, the forums and plain old experience, something should have given by now!

I'll probably lose interest altogether. A little miffed at the waste of $14 though!

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 27, 12 4:15 PM
I've been asking the same questions about that chest puzzle since Sunday - no answers.

I too placed the numbers on the gravestone, placed the crown, the missing puzzle piece from between the graves, the note from the book....nothing.

Next step is to contact someone at BFG directly. I either want my money back or a fix. Although, seeing how many people are having problems with the tree in the bonus section, I'm not so sure I event want to finish!

Was having a lot of fun with the game until this happened.

posted in Living Legends: Ice Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 12 4:14 PM
Yes. I've found everything there is to find. I've gone through each scene and hit the hint button to make sure there was nothing I missed.

Between reading here, the SG, and my own years' worth of experience playing these games, I feel like I've covered everything!

Very frustrating.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator