Posts created by Rainbow722

I have been so frustrated by not being able to play this game and tonight I found a work-around that lets me play the game!

I use Game Booster [url removed by Moderator]. It is free and when it closed unneeded files, my game will now open and play! Evidently, one of those files is causing the problem on my computer. I have sent this information to Big Fish so hope they will be able to fix the game for all.

I hope this will help others who are having problems with this game!

Not specific 2 windows 7...I am running XP and the game won't open/play for me.

Thank you Big Fish! While it won't help me this month, since I have already filled my punch card I appreciate this as it adds value to the CE games!

I could have filled two punch cards this month--good sale on Game of the Year games LOL. This change would make it 14 punches on my card...have you considered making it a free game for EACH 6 punches?

Thanks again!

Have tried working w/BF tech but no results so was hoping to find here that the issue was fixed. I am running xp home sp3. The game worked shortly for me after updating to .NET framework 3.0 but broke again after the upgrade to version 3.5 and the updates for that.....hope it is fixed soon 'cause the little bit I was able 2 play was fun!

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 16, 10 5:37 PM
Bought MCF DG and was delighted with it, bought EAP and liked it....bought this game and am disappointed. The graphics are beautiful, except in the hidden object areas, where they are dark (even with my brightness turned up to 89%). The objects are not clearly seen as in other games, and have found errors --looked for a long time for a "helm" which, when I finally took a hint turned out to be a helmet! Other errors like this make me wonder if they just rushed the game out without enough testing.

I bought the game after playing the demo, and thought that even though it was hard to see, there were no time limits so it would work. Found out I do NOT like the scoring--grading you on your play! Since the objects are not always represented clearly, a lot of extra clicking should not be downgraded!

The music is beautiful though, and I will play this game out, but will be a lot more careful before buying another CE that is not from MCF.

For those who are complaining about the CE games, it is no different than if you buy other things, such as movies with "extras" included. If you are not willing or interested, just wait for the regular game. BF has NOT taken away anything they have offered--there is still a regular $6.99 game offered every day (even when there is a CE the same day). they have just offered another gaming experience for those interested. And extra fun--the morphing objects in MCF DG were really fun!
I do hope that there won't be a lot of CEs coming out though, because I won't be able to keep up because of the price.

Was reading all this thread with interest--so many things I hadn't thought of!

Also, with reference to mentions of past MCF games--there was the reference to Huntsville in the books in the library LOL.

posted in Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey ™ on Dec 8, 09 12:16 AM
Played the trial version & liked the game except it doesn't play the same for each player (same levels at the same time) so I didn't purchase it at that time. I play my games with my friends and it is too hard to play together that way. Now I am staying with my son for a couple weeks and decided to purchase the mac version to play here.

Now the thing I find frustrating is the fish dreaming about the canned food but no such thing is available--yet we are told to watch them for hints of what to get for them. This is definitely a boo-boo on the part of the developers IMHO.

The other thing is: Could they have made the hint seahorses any smaller? NO--they would be invisible, as they practically are now in most screens. I dread using hints because of this--luckily, I don't have to use many because it usually takes me several screens before i can find one.

On the positive side, the game has great graphics, relaxing music and is fun.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 18, 09 9:12 PM
vicalana wrote:I have xp. Have been able to play the demo, but had loads of little boxes everywhere. When I came to mix the potion, I didn't have any colour to copy, so I had to skip it. So i don't think I'll buy. Shame - seemed like a really interesting game, but I guess my ancient graphics card isn't up to it!

I have XP home and don't have a prob...why not contact customer service? they are very helpful! You may need driver updates or something simple like that! They have a great program to help you fix problems--best customer service on the web!

posted in The Count of Monte Cristo on Jul 10, 09 3:25 PM
This game is the worst HOG ever! Why?

1. Misnamed items (clock = hourglass? others already named
in this forum)
2. Misspelled items
3. Half the items are impossible to find, incredibly small
and/or dark
4. Hints can only be added to by finding diamonds that are
also hard to find or hard to click because they are so small
(I have found some that I could not get, even though I saw
them sparkle)
5. Mini-games are very hard, add to time used in game, and
can only be skipped by losing time AND ALL your hints

If this game had a relaxed mode and a better way of obtaining hints, it might be worth all the hassles of trying again, but as it is, it's a no-go for me!

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 5, 09 3:23 PM
VegasAnnie, contact customer service about the problem--they are very helpful--best customer service on the web! They will help you!

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 5, 09 3:10 PM
Look for circle spot on the right hand side of the cupboard behind the desk in the potion room.

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 5, 09 3:08 PM
Check your items--some seem to fit in a spot, but are better used in another. Can't remember where I had the problem for a bit but it seems like that is the spot...if you are looking for the head fashions, the helmet doesn't go there, it will go with other armor items. There is a beret in another location. Check all around for other things to do--gem boxes on the wall, other places where you get the magnifying glass.

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 5, 09 3:02 PM
Also wish the game was longer...rooms done so quickly and game over! Enjoyed the different take on hog though.

Was disappointed that in the secret room, there was no clue that you would not be able to find the buttons for the last picture! Wasn't til I read in the forum that it was supposed to be a hint that another game was coming--wish it had said that before I spent so much time looking for something I thought I had missed. Three of us searched for a long time!

posted in Lost in Reefs on Jun 28, 09 11:54 AM
I LOVE this game.

Keep relaxed mode, keep having lots of levels, more space to store power-ups. Or put the power up that clears random spaces and the reshuffle ones on the side--sometimes they clutter up the board--I like trying to do the levels without using them til I have to. A few of the game boards are too small.

A little better explanation--just now read in this forum that you have to do all the game types to get to the secret room. I have a hard time with the chain one because of carpal tunnel, but if I never get there it is ok because this game has so much variety in the puzzles and items that it keeps being fun, so don't change that!

posted in Hidden Mysteries - Civil War on Jun 28, 09 11:41 AM
This game has great looking graphics, but the items are too hidden--some are so small you can't really see them and others are not recognizable as what they are. This results in a lot of random clicking and using hints.

Then the hint game is so hard for me (and I see others too) that it is time consuming and frustrating to get them. I have never liked mine sweeper games and this one is the worst I have seen--there isn't even a way to clear tiles by clicking on the numbers like other mine sweeper games I have played.

Other than the hidden objects, this game has good graphics. The scenes look good and the story line is good.

posted in The Enchanting Islands on Jun 28, 09 11:20 AM
Bought this game because I loved the trial. This game has great graphics, and a fun take on the match 3 game. I love the game, but it is done too quickly! It really needs more levels. Even when you don't buy stuff so you can make the game longer, it plays the same few puzzles over.

The boss game is a bit rough til ya get the hang of it. I just read on another forum page that it cannot be hurt while "absorbing time". Does that mean standing still?

posted in Rangy Lil's Wild West Adventure on Jun 16, 09 8:23 AM
mdcrab13 wrote:Tried to play this game and all it does is freeze the computer and then I need to shut down then try again and of course it freezes in every other frame?? BGF - any suggestions? This is very frustrating!

Hi! I had this problem with another game and discovered that I needed an update to my video card driver.

check this help page:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/166/kw/video%20card%20driver/r_id/109674

posted in Something Special on May 9, 09 11:16 AM
Played through to "the end" but there are still empty trophy spaces--have tried replaying some of the levels, but no more trophies. How do you get the rest?

Wish the answer was easy to discover--very disappointing to not be able to find a solution available. Or a hint other than "The End?"

Can you change the difficulty level in the same game? Or do you have to start a new game? Have considered that the difficulty level might have something to do with the trophies....

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Apr 19, 09 3:04 PM
One way I enjoy my games is to play them while voice chatting with my friends, but this game does not give you an option to create separate profiles, so I cannot play it with my friends and alone on a different profile.

Also, some of the objects are so hidden by being almost invisible they can be found only by taking a hint, then clicking around in that area.

Between these two things, it takes the fun out of the game for me, so I won't be purchasing this game.

On the positive side, except as mentioned above, the hidden object areas are good, the graphics good.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator