Posts created by slepless777

Are there any plans to release this game for Kindle Fire sometime soon? I see that it's available for the Ipad and Return to Ravenhurst was released a couple months ago for Kindle. What about Dire Grove? It's my favorite MCF ever and I would love to have it on my Fire HD.

Heh. What do you know. The old Access violation error is back for a visit. Hadn't seen this one in a while.

Can't be bothered to try and find out why.I don't even care anymore. If a game doesn't work out of the box, it gets deleted. End of.

Shame really. I hear ERS finally got with the times and made this a widescreen game. Oh well. Maybe next one.

posted in Push The Box on Mar 12, 13 2:02 AM
Fatal error in level 3. Uninstalled. How does such a simple game not run flawlessly?? lol

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 13, 12 1:19 AM
Same problems as other posters. Glitchy inventory and glitchy cursor. Uninstalled. Might give it another go if there's a fix. Will keep an eye on this forum.

posted in Inbetween Land on Aug 26, 12 1:06 PM
Access violation AGAIN.

When this happens to me, the game usually opens on my other laptop. The only difference between the two laptops that I can see is with the display. The other laptop has a MUCH higher resolution than this one. That is the ONLY difference. So I'm guessing that must be it.

I'm on vacation and don't have my other laptop with me, so I'll keep the game for now and try it again when I get back home. If that doesn't work, I'll have to ask for a refund.

i did the opposite. shark, dolphin, fish and then worm. worked like that for me

what do the jewels you buy in the shop do?? i got them and nothing much happened. the office didn't look any different after.

posted in 1 Moment of Time: Silentville on Jun 17, 12 6:45 AM
faybes13 wrote:Hi, I figured out how to not to get the runtime error on both the fridge magnet puzzle and setting the clock time. As soon as you place the last puzzle piece, click on the X to exit and as soon as you set the correct time click on the X. It worked for me hopefully it works for you all.
Cheers.

woohoo! thank you! that worked for me too

wow, so close to the end too... i'm glad i didn't have to start over! All done now. Cool game!

posted in 1 Moment of Time: Silentville on Jun 16, 12 2:09 PM
Same fridge magnet problem. No way will we see a fix until next week, if at all, so I'm putting this one on the back burner for now. So annyoing...

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 7, 12 2:45 PM
3rd game in a row that won't even open. I click play, the screen flickers and game manager sends me back to the screen with the buy now button. Yeah, right. Fat chance. So sick of this site.

I'm getting a warning from my anti-virus program for this game. It recommends that I don't download it. I'm getting a "File Reputation" warning. Anyone else get something similar? I have Avast. This is the very first time it reacts this way on BigFish games. I have BigFish as a trusted site so I'm kinda wondering what's going on.

posted in Theatre of the Absurd Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 12 2:41 AM
I loved the game. The graphics were amazing and crystal clear for me even in the HOG scenes. That's actually one of the main reasons I decided to buy the CE. I loved that the Guide opened up exactly where you were in the game, no need to go searching for the right chapter. I loved the tattooed arm with the abilities. I never use hints so I don't know how well it works for that. The story was interesting and the puzzles were not too hard, except for one in the bonus game. I hate skipping, but I got too frustrated with that one. The only things I didn't like were the constant talking by the woman, repeating herself over and over again each time I clicked on a scene that needed something done and the lack of a custom cursor. Of all the games from this dev, this is by far my favorite. I still kick myself for buying those empress of the deep mindblowingly boring games. This one is way more my cup of tea.

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 27, 12 7:54 AM
sinshack wrote:
Just a note here: If you uninstall the game, the Game Manager will not automaticly search for the update for you. In order to know when the update is available, you will need to keep checking these forums.

Yeah, I know. I've been here going on 4 years. I rarely post but I check the forums daily. If I see that the technical issues thread is longer than the reviews thread I don't even bother downloading a game in the first place. The one time I don't check the forums, this happens. LOL
But thanks anyhoo.

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 26, 12 8:34 PM
Same as many here, demo went fine, liked the game, bought it and the game had not saved my progress. In light of all the other comments in this thread, which I really should have read before I even downloaded this game, I'm going to uninstall it and wait to see if they fix it. If nothing is done, I'll ask for a refund.

Personally, I think BigFish is going down the crapper. I can't count the number of games I've been having issues with lately and I have a really high end computer with all the bells and whistles. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my account and I will tell them so in my email.

Increasingly frustrated and unhappy long time customer.

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 26, 12 12:13 PM
I'm in Chenonceau Castle's kitchen. I need a hook to lift up the heavy damper. In the area by the window a magnifying glass appears for a hidden object game. When I click there, the scene freezes and I get the following error:

Panic File: .\LuaMan.cpp line:282
[string "module("g" , package.seeall),,,"];958:sprite.getAlpha failed: sprite not found.

I'm near the end of the game and REALLY don't feel like starting over. What does this error mean?

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition on Dec 16, 11 5:29 AM
Same problem with the evidence board in the bonus play. All my photos are placed correctly as per the screen shot in the strategy guide and nothing happpens at all. I hate skipping puzzles and I hate it even more when I have to skip one because the damn game is faulty.

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 11 2:07 AM
After playing the whole demo:

The PROS: Nice graphics, story seems cool enough, morphing objects to find yay!, hidden object scenes are clear and puzzles are not too hard.

The CONS: voice acting, seriously this is New Orleans and everyone sounds either British (the villain) or from the Midwest (everyone else)?!? ooookay, whatever, moving on... hidden object scenes are junkpiles, there are sparkles and no way to turn them off, no difficulty levels, the music is awful and boring.

On the fence with this one. After the latest MCF which I absolutely loved, I'm going to have to get used to playing lesser games again LOL. I still might get this CE, though. Still thinking about it.

Yeah...no. Sorry, don't agree. I thought it was great. A nice change from the usual same ol' same ol'.

It's the basement in Victor's childhood house. You can access the basement from the pantry, left of the kitchen.

You have to find morphing things in the Journal's pages. They're really tricky but if you look carefully, there is at least one on each page.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator