Posts created by ioannia

Sorry if this is a repeat, or in the wrong section, but even if I follow the Strategy Guide and read the code on the control room monitor, or the code through the snowy courtyard room (which may have nothing to do with it, but still...) I cannot get through the first door (much less the second) of the "special patient" doors. What am I doing wrong? Did I skip a part I have to complete before the code works? I went back through the Strategy Guide and couldn't find anything. ARGH! It's probably right in front of my face but I can't see it, and there is no "skip" button. HELP!!

ioannia wrote:
dpstevenson2 wrote:
ioannia wrote:
dpstevenson2 wrote:Mwagner,
You will need a fire extinguisher to put the fire out and an Urn to collect the ashes. You may have to do some more searching if you do not already have those two items in your inventory. Hope that helps

dp, what fire? I have gone back to the hotel, no fire to put out with the extinguisher (can't get into the bedroom with the fireplace), though I remember starting one somewhere. I have looked all over for another fire; can't find one. Tried the smoIdering stuff at the base of the bridge; no ashes. Have the urn, have the code in the relics area. Going nuts after 10 hours. I've forgotten something, HELP!!

ioannia,
You'll need to put out the fire that you built in the hotel lobby where the students sleeping bags are.

Heck, I thought so, but for some reason the game won't let me back into that room! It was the first place I tried to go. ARGH. (Thanks for answering so quickly!!!)

DUH. Wrong arrow. I need to go back to school and get a doctorate or something. I can't believe I missed the LOBBY. THANK YOU!!!!

dpstevenson2 wrote:
ioannia wrote:
You will need a fire extinguisher to put the fire out and an Urn to collect the ashes. You may have to do some more searching if you do not already have those two items in your inventory. Hope that helps

dp, what fire? I have gone back to the hotel, no fire to put out with the extinguisher (can't get into the bedroom with the fireplace), though I remember starting one somewhere. I have looked all over for another fire; can't find one. Tried the smoIdering stuff at the base of the bridge; no ashes. Have the urn, have the code in the relics area. Going nuts after 10 hours. I've forgotten something, HELP!!

ioannia,
You'll need to put out the fire that you built in the hotel lobby where the students sleeping bags are.

Heck, I thought so, but for some reason the game won't let me back into that room! It was the first place I tried to go. ARGH. (Thanks for answering so quickly!!!)

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Feb 9, 09 11:55 AM
Pawtet, I'll have to say I really enjoyed this game. I thought it was the first game I could make it through without the Forum's help, until I got to the well with the tree root! Can't find the darned root! I saw a lot of Disneyland's ""Pirates of the the Caribbean" in the game, and also "Indiana Jones" (from the stake through the skeleton to the idol which sinks when you remove it and the cage bars come down, though Indy's hat placed in many scenes). I even heard the first part of "The Godfather" theme when playing the flute, LOL. Perhaps you just don't like the environment or music? Take another stab at it, if you can. It's really relaxing to me, and adventurous, too. I would have been able to tell if I didn't like it within the trial period, but maybe there just wasn't enough time or interest for you because of the plain graphics that accompany only the text story. Perhaps you simply need something more complex. Big Fish has always been really great and many times replaces the game you used on "Robinson" with another credit, if you really want it. But try again without the music and skipping the text parts. You may get addicted to it--I know that happened to me after playing "Paranormal," which I ended up keeping.

posted in Liong: The Lost Amulets on Jan 26, 09 10:33 AM
What a relaxing and beautiful game! The graphics are superb--LOVED the little photo show I got when I finished! (Wish the REAL China looked anything like any of the scenes in this game.)

The music was gorgeous and even my husband is getting interested in what I'm doing. On top of it, Liong has given me a good contrast to MCF-RTR and Dream Chronicles II, which I have now played more times than all of my other games put together. I needed a break from Charles and Lyra and Emma and Fidget and Rose and...REALLY.

**goes back to looking for jade pearls**

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Jan 3, 09 10:10 PM
Prpldva, I was hoping you'd answer! Thanks, I knew that was it, but it isn't working! I distract the barkeep, flip back a page, and click on the bread til I'm screaming--it won't sparkle (NOTHING does) and I can't get it to the bottom of the page to combine it with the grinder. I've tried dragging the grinder up to the bread while the keep's at the door, but that doesn't work either. Do I have a bug in my program or something?

GRRRR...you said FIRST screen--I got the bread!! THANK YOU, I will not commit suicide tonight after all!!

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Jan 3, 09 10:00 PM
ARGH. I got the grinder, the knife...everything but the bread and whatever's in the bowl (crumbs?) I did the puzzle and have all of the ingredients excepts the crow's feather (my potion is 4/5). I assume while I distract the barkeep, I try and nab the bread/crumbs to feed the crow, but nothing sparkles. I drag the grinder to the bread--nada. I click on everything like a madwoman, but I'm stuck here! Am I missing something? (Probably right in front of me--if only I could play this game without looking at the forum every two minutes! Love it, though--unfortunately.)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator