Posts created by windrose53

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Aug 16, 13 1:07 PM
It's out now for everyone (on ipad/iphone). Came out yesterday (Aug 15, 2013). I've been playing it non-stop.

posted in Unlikely Suspects on Nov 6, 10 10:22 AM
chelsq wrote:i downloaded the game and it downloaded fine and for some reason it wont play the game it doesn't start at all but the game from yesterday did and was wondering why it wouldn't even start after clicking play game

I'm having the exact same problem. I click play from the game manager and nothing happens. Well the game manager goes away, but the game never starts.

So guess I'll be passing on this one. Too bad to, 'cause it looked pretty interesting.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on Sep 16, 10 5:59 PM
Out of all the games I have - the two Yard Sale games are my favorites. I've replayed them more than all of the other ones.

posted in World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales on Jun 30, 10 2:31 AM
No, you can't save a partially completed puzzle. You could use grid paper and mark the ones you've done.

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 5, 10 2:33 AM
Well, the main point to remember is that --- BFG is not responsible for the content of the game. They did not create this game. This holds true for 99% of the games for sale on BFG.

If you have issue with the game content, the logical place to voice your complaint is with the game developer. If you want to see games with "family friendly" content (however you define "family friendly") let the game developers know (including BFG - but they only produce 5 or 6 games a year).

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 2, 10 5:36 AM
LoriW wrote:I think it's all about how it's phrased. If someone posts or contacts BFG direct stating they do not like/will not play any games that feature anything occult like pentagrams, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc and makes a plea/suggestion for more games without these references then I think that's fine.

Well actually, since BFG doesn't create the games (except for the 4 or 5 series that belong to them), just sells them, it makes more sense to contact the game developers to protest the types of games they create.

Some posters have said they have found these things in games that do not have an occult storyline like Deadtime Stories has so they purchased the game only to come across something on 1 of the later levels. These posters have asked for these type of objects not to be included in hidden object scenes if the storyline isn't anything to do with the occult so they know they won't come across anything they wouldn't like to see. Again I feel that's ok.

I haven't downloaded or played the game, but personally, with a game title of "DEADtime Stories" - I don't think anyone should have been surprised. I mean it's not as if a title of "DEADtime Stories" brings up visions of Snow White singing "Some day my prince will come."

What I don't like is posters who state that these games should not be made or that BFG should not include them on their site. Some posters have even implied (some more openly than others) that these things are all evil, that anyone who uses these things are evil and that just by playing a game like this you will be risking your immortal soul. I feel that considering some posters on the forums have stated they are Wiccans, etc these posts are actually very rude and bigoted and are pushing their religious views onto other people.

I agree 100%.

posted in Fashion Assistant on Apr 23, 10 9:52 AM
Yeah I'm with you pepper. I would never recognize a "sex toy muzzle".

LOL - So smileyleeann, have alot of experience with that sort of thing? (just asking, I wonder what else I've missed in these games ).

posted in Alice's Magical Mahjong on Mar 23, 10 10:20 AM
In the past "soft releases" never got their own forum. So there are dozen's and dozen's of games without their own forum. I guess they'll get one if they ever show up as the daily deal.

posted in The Tarot's Misfortune on Feb 19, 10 7:22 AM
justaques wrote:I really liked the Tarot Misfortune game until it locked up too. I hope I get the update but it's not on my game manager as yet (just checked)

Try closing it out and reopening it. That's what I had to do to get it to show.

posted in Million Dollar Quest on Jan 26, 10 10:30 AM
From Puzzledone's description - it sounds like a fun game. When I tried it I didn't get a "loading" at all, Just the airplane. No message or any indication that the game was doing anything, I waited about 3 or 4 minutes.

A shame really, because it sounds like my kind of game (I love varied puzzles). Maybe in a month or so (after I figure they've updated it) I'll try this one again (if I remember).

posted in Million Dollar Quest on Jan 25, 10 2:58 PM
Add me to the list of people having this same problem. As many others have said -- there are so many games to demo and decide on that it's not worth my time to try to resolve the problems.

I had a simular problem with a game a couple of months ago (don't remember which one) several emails and conversations with customer support failed to resolve the issue with the game. So I told them never mind. It was too much trouble to go through for a game that I wasn't even sure if I would like it enough to buy.

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on Jan 11, 10 4:05 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
windrose53 wrote:I won't ever again buy a game I can't demo first (thanks to "Ghost In The Sheet").

I played the demo of GITS when it first came out at the developer's website. That's why I bought it.

I bought it (GITS) because the description sounded good, but when I played it - I absolutely hated it. The guy was so very annoying (wasn't fond of the game play either). I only played it for 10 minutes and deleted it. Learned my lession, and just can't justify ever buying a game again if I can't demo it first.

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on Jan 10, 10 4:41 AM
It looks kind of good, but unfortunately - even at $2.99 - I won't ever again buy a game I can't demo first (thanks to "Ghost In The Sheet").

posted in The White House on Jan 9, 10 3:01 AM
Wow. I was debating whether to download and try this one, but after reading the problems everyone is having - I think I'll skip it. Maybe I'll give it a try after they get the bugs worked out (if they ever do).

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 5:20 AM
I agree will Bella, this is a very nice game. Kids will like it too, but I think adults will also find it enjoyable.

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 4:34 AM
I tried it and bought it. I really liked this game, and I think my grandkids are going to love it.

I know style is personal (what people like & don't like) but I think the graphics are very well done. Yes they are anime style, but they are crisp & clear. The thing I hate most in graphic style is "blurry" or "fuzzy" graphics. I think the graphic style fits the game type. And really, if every game that came out looked the same (Dire Grove or Drawn) it would get old fast.

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 1:54 AM
I was going to skip this one, but after reading this thread I'm going to download it and give it a try.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Jan 2, 10 3:38 AM
You have to thaw the meat in the microwave before you give it to the wolf.

Maybe it won't run on their computer. Since you can't try it before buying it - there's no way to know if it will work or not.

I wonder what they would have done if they had thought of this CE version idea before Drawn was released.

I knew when Dire Grove CE came out that it was just the beginning, and we would see more and more "CE"s. Sorry, but I'm not going to go back to paying $20 for a game.

I'll keep hunting through the bargin basement bins for deals.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator