Posts created by pocojazz

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 7, 10 6:54 PM
I'm not getting access violation, just super slow draggy game play. This has never happened with the samantha swift games before. They aren't very graphically challenging so it should't happen.

Seems to be a problem lately with bugs and slow game play. Won't buy until game update comes out hopefully soon.

Poco

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 17, 10 3:58 PM
So...the bugs are still there? I downloaded demo and it played really slow, cursor leaving trail, very slow. I have only had one other game do this and that was hidden expedition devils triangle. Never could get it fixed.

I have updated everything, tons of rams, etc. I just don't understand why games that require much more memory than this one (such as MCF games) and are more graphically demanding run fine. Seems like in this day and age, developers could get the bugs out before release. With all of the problems people are having, which seem to be the same ones, it's obvious to me that somebody at BF didn't do their homework.

Oh well, I will keep trying periodically to see if this one gets fixed. Looks like a great game. Can well understand everybody's frustration levels. Everybody has a glitch now and then, but this is major.

Poco

posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 30, 10 6:15 AM
I've got to jump in here. First of all, this game doesn't even truly represent voodoo which is a religion. The only accurate reference is loa which is a god word in this religion. There are several gods and saints which don't really figure into this game.

This game is more hoodoo which is folk magic and not a religious system per se. Most practitioners are also christians. Don't think the developers understood the difference. I am a hoodoo practitioner but voodoo is not my religion if that makes sense to you.

Both voodoo and hoodoo believe in curses, spells, spirits, etc. There are ghosts in the game, a ouijia puzzle, a runes puzzle but nothing really spooky about it other than both are used as a means of divination like tarot cards or reading tea leaves.

There is one snake to interact with and several in the hidden object scenes but they are not graphic. This is a pretty fun, gather the ingredients adventure/HOG game. It takes place in New Orleans in time of slavery or during reconstruction after civil war so that is a theme.

Hope this helps clear up any issues anybody has in deciding whether or not to play this fun, graphically beautiful game. Any questions about hoodoo, pm me.

Poco

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 10 12:11 PM
I don't mind paying $20 for the CE's if they are a good, long game like dire grove. Briar is good too. However, treasure seekers was much too short imho. I sometimes buy CE's because it's much easier for me to have access to strategy guide without having to play on smaller screen with blog open.

However, I think that with dire grove a monster was created in a way. BF or developers saw people would pay for CE. The whole MCF thing is a world unto its own and I think it was good to do CE for that game.

But, just like most things, because one thing worked, they are going to beat it until its a dead horse so to speak. I think both the CE and 6.99 should come out at same time for most games. I also think only special games should get CE designation.

posted in Vampireville on Mar 22, 10 12:10 PM
Liked this game a lot. Set up lot like pirateville and mysteryvilles but graphics were better. Chapters are short so though a pain to start over not insurmountable. My only real peeve was in some of the picture put togethers and swaps nothing locked in place when it was right. How should you know when you are right? No logic to the illustration one that I could find for example.

However, this game was a hoot down to Keanu and the creepy butler. Hope for sequel soon.

posted in Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition on Feb 26, 10 11:48 PM
I bought collector's edition and wish I would've waited for regular. This is a good game and I love the integrated strategy guide concept. I played the demo first and really liked it. It has hog elements, a little different than the other two, but still popups of things to find as well as hog scenes.

No technical issues for me, no slow game play, jerky cursors etc. I have had these problems with a few games in the past.

The reason I wish I would've waited? This is a pretty short game imho. I played the first chapter in demo and had gotten into 2nd chapter. There are only 5 chapters if anybody is interested. This is a pretty easy game but its fun and the storyline is good as in all treasure seekers.

It seems to me the 1st TS game was the longest by far. I thought the 2nd TS game was pretty short. This one may be a smidge longer than the 2nd one but not enough for the $20 price tag. Good news is it pushed me past my 2nd or 3rd punch card so all things considered I am not too disappointed.

Poco

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 1:03 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. I read the developer comments in chit chat and seemed to be great game. I tried this game for 10 minutes and bought it, that's how good it is. The graphics are beautiful and suit this game. The objects are just right; challenging but you don't have to squint.

You can skip puzzles, but the hint system actually gives you hints to the puzzles too most of the time if you want. I agree with Rebecca, it is looong game. No glitches for me either and I have had some problems with jerky cursors on other games.

Silverback games is definitely going to be competition for MCF. I looked on company website and it looks like they have some great adventure stuff as well as a time management/builder type game that looks fun and I don't normally like that type of game.

I'll tell you how good I think this game is-if it was collectors edition I'd pay the $20. Enjoy!

Poco

posted in Sarah Maribu and the Lost World on Feb 5, 10 9:14 PM
I am experienced HOGer and thought this game was fun. It is a little on the short side, but not much frustration. The graphics were great even though some objects were smaller still findable. Some of the other more in depth games should take lessons from this. I think sometimes they make objects so small to slow down game play lol and make you feel like you are getting moneys worth and make up for games other short comings.

I like the dinos and it is a great all ages game. Love the interactive stuff, did remind me of Samantha Smith in lots of ways.The puzzles made sense to the game too.

One thing that was a good change was that even though there were pictures of objects, the orientation of the objects was usually different for a small challenge.

My 70 year old mother had a ball playing it today as did I.

Poco

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 29, 10 6:01 PM
I too am having the slow, dragging problems with this game. This has happened to me on several games lately. Hidden expedition bermuda triangle was the first. I worked with tech support and we couldn't fix the problem. They issued me credit which was great.

I too have games that are much more graphically challenging and they run fine. No rhyme or reason about which games will play slowly. Must be a bug which I hope they fix as I liked the first game except for the super annoying driving the car around parts.

Come on, BF, you guys do everything else so well, please try to fix this issue.

Poco

posted in Cate West: The Velvet Keys on Jan 14, 10 9:32 AM
The first Cate was far superior to this one. Not as much repetitive play with the other one. The story lines in these games are pretty good, but I agree this one is the same stuff over and over. The graphics aren't that great either.

A shame because I loved the first one. I beta'd this one and I guess my comments were ignored. Nobody likes playing a HOG with bad graphics.

Poco

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 14, 10 9:28 AM
You're not the odd man out on graphics. I thought the graphics were very good until you get to the hidden object scenes. The graphics in poe and dire were so superior to this one. It is a shame too, because this is a good game. Love the commentary and also love, as someone else said that you don't have to click closed all the time or keep clicking for dialogue. Great feature!

I am on the fence as far as CE. I will probably wait because of the graphics in the hidden object scenes. I don't mind some darkness, but I like for the objects to be clear and this game just doesn't deliver on that imho. The music, dialogue, play, bobby are superior though.

Poco

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 14, 10 4:21 AM
I have bought the collectors edition for dire grove and the poe game. Dire Grove definitely worth it. I wish there had been one for return to ravenhearst. I love the integrated strategy guide because you don't have to go all the way out of the game or print things out to get hints if you need them.

That being said, while dire grove was worth it, Poe was not. The game was much too short to warrant a collector's edition imho. The only caveat was strategy guide and a few extra hidden object scenes.

I see both sides of the collectors edition dilemma. I think BF has hit a great compromise with this one by offering a 60 minute trial. That seems to be what most people were concerned about with these special editions; that there was no trial. Well, as usual BF has listened to us; the consumers.

I'm going to play this trial and if I like it, I will buy the collectors edition. If not, no money lost. Great going BF with this compromise! You all are the best.

Poco

posted in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery on Dec 11, 09 3:33 PM
I like this game but am also having the no full screen problem. When I first played trial, I had full screen. After I bought game, I cannot get it to go to full screen again. Have tried no custom cursor, have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with no luck.

Somebody please let me know if they have found a fix for this or if there will be a patch coming out soon. Thanks

Poco

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 6, 09 9:51 AM
Find the gear, put it in, the sequence is 6, 2, 3

posted in Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon on Nov 10, 09 12:13 PM
I too really liked this game. Thought graphics were good, hint system great (more game designers should do this) and like Lizzie, the replay is different, not the same every time which greatly increases game value especially since this one is on the short side.

Great that game designers are willing to get things culturally correct. I loved how you guys used an arabic word for an item but showed a description. Many game designers from other countries than US, use words for things that are different than what the objects are here. That is fine, but show is a silhouette or give description.

Very enjoyable game and hope you do another very soon. This was so much better than the jittery screen on the first lost realms game. Thanks again.

Poco

posted in Ghost Town Mysteries: Bodie on Oct 24, 09 9:06 AM
This would be a much better game if the graphics were even half way better. They are terrible!!! I can't stress that enough. Makes it almost impossible to find things the scenes are so fuzzy. I also hate the hint system. You only get 2 per scene unless you find impossible to see flies. I much prefer hints that recharge and are unlimited.

It is a shame because the game premise is a good one. Kind of an interesting story, "spooky", too bad the graphics are so terrible I won't buy it.

Poco

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 23, 09 3:39 PM
I can't even get mine to open. I just get a black screen box that won't close or respond. I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it and it is still no go. I bought it with a credit and hoped this would resolve with the activation, but it didn't.

Anybody else know a fix or having this problem? I never have issues with games, so I'm thinking has to be this one. Thanks

Poco

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 12, 09 12:48 PM
Ok here goes my review from a 30ish mom. Great graphics. Hidden objects are big enough to actually see, what a concept! Difficult, but not nearly impossible. Some of the puzzles are a little tough, but definitely not impossible. I love, love, love the skip feature on the puzzles, something many games are lacking. Nothing worse than getting stuck on a puzzle! I also like the rechargeable hints instead of a limited amount. The inventory worked well and did not bog the game down.

Good storyline too. The only real negative I have is that the game was pretty short. I saw at the end there will be a sequel, but would like to see this game go the way of ravenhurst and be longer. All in all a great game and a great intro to hidden object/adventure games!

posted in Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on Sep 22, 09 5:17 PM
I really like this game too, although it does help you a lot. I think it is a wonderful introduction to the hidden object/adventure game genre. It got me hooked on these combo games.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 30, 09 1:07 PM
I can download but it gives me an error when I open it, then closes game down. I have not had this problem with any other game. Is there a fix for this?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator